Thermowell with Stopper Fell into Wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskana

Reaction score
Just finished brewing my fall BIAB 'AG24 Oktoberfest' Lager and unfortunately (being tired as it was after 2 AM here), I accidentally pushed my thermowell with rubber stopper attached right into beer as I was trying to affix the airlock into the rubber stopper.

The Thermowell and rubber stopper were well sanitized, but I wonder if this will have any adverse affects on my beer (or the thermowell). Seeing as it's now going to be in there for about 2 months (brewing the beer for a halloween party) I can only wonder.

Perhaps I should RDWHAB, but.. DAG NABBIT! :drunk:

I've done this with a stopper, was worried about the brew the whole time. No problems though.
I wouldn't worry about it, use the experience to come up with a clever name for the beer

Thanks for responding, Bellybuster!

I am tempted to try and fish the thermowell out since it's propped up against the side of the carboy and the stopper is maybe about 6 inches from the opening of the carboy but I'm guessing at this point that would be potentially more harmful than just leaving it in there.

Now for a name.. ThermoFest lager?

Back