Custom thermowells?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephelton

Reaction score
I'm looking for a custom thermowell. I'd like it to have 1/2" NPT threads and the length of the well needs to be ridiculous... something like 28" or so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Thanks, guys. Bobby, I emailed you a while back asking about this ;) Never heard back.

Anyway, I looking for a thermowell to reach down into a tall conical. The conical has a 1.5" TC port on top and I planned to use a 1/2" NPT tee on top of that where the thermowell would enter through the top of the tee, while the side of the tee would be used for a blow off. I'd have to measure again, but I think I'd need about 24" from the top of the existing TC port to reach down into a 5 gallon batch (this is a 12.5 gallon conical, just a bit over 12" in diameter).

28" is really ridiculous.

Hearing this from someone else makes it sink in more... maybe it would be more practical to have another port welded in on the side where I could use something less ridiculous. My ultimate goal is to convert this to a peltier setup though -- I'd have to be careful about how I did that.

Back