Places to get bottles in Clearwater / St Petes / Tampa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InityBrew

Reaction score
Hey HBT,

I am heading to clearwater in a few days and wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for good places to pick up local bottles / cans.

I will be hitting up CCB, Cycle, and 7venth Sun, but didn't know if anyone had any other recommendations.

Also, any seasonal / special local releases thst I should search for?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ben

The Rally Gas Station at 4th and 22nd Ave N. in St. Pete. Nicknamed "The Beer Box". They have a great selection of bombers.

Just a bit south of the Rally is Shep's Beer Emporium. Another great selection. The only thing I don't like about this place is they have a ton of bottles but zero organization. So I liken it to going to a mom and pop hardware store. You're never going to find what you're looking for until you ask the help.

Funny you mention those places, I used to live just a couple of miles from there. Excellent selection though. Total Wine around the corner from CBB can be good, but you have to look at the dates. Some stuff can be old there.

ABC fine wine & spirits on Kennedy Blvd. had a great selection. Closer to Tampa airport. If you're going to CCB it's not that far.

Lueken's in Dunedin, Clearwater, or Oldsmar. Dunedin is better.

Beerworld in Largo. It looks like an abandoned gas station, but they have some really good stuff that you may not find anywhere else in the area. I found some Life is Like way after it was sold out in the rest of the world.

Total Wine across from Countryside Mall, or whatever the mall is called now.

If you want good local beer, you might want to stick around St. Pete and Tampa. 7venth Sun I just don't care for and am unsure how they and Green Bench are still in business. Same with Saint Somewhere. I am baffled by how they can have obvious infection/sanitation issues and tell their customers that's how it's supposed to taste???

Rapp, Cycle, Barley Mow, Cigar City, Coppertail, 3 Daughters - those are what you should seek out. They have bottles/cans/crowlers to go. I've heard decent things about Six Ten and Angry Chair. By people who also share my disdain for the above crappy three "breweries", so I trust their taste.

Thanks. I hit up beer world today and found a few good beers. They had a bunch of special release cigar city ipas but they were really old. Was able to get a bottle of cow boss though, which I thought was great on draft.

Back