Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Let's Talk Motorcycles
Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #61
e lo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brewt00l
If you decided to buy used, make sure you take a friend that knows their way around a bike to help evaluate the true condition
I just wanted to quote this, as it's an EXCELLENT piece of advice for buying a used bike. Good deals start seeming a lot less good if you have to throw significant $ after the purchase at new tires, chain & sprockets, brake pads or, god forbid, rotors, etc.

And since we're posting pictures of our bikes, I'll use it as an excuse to post a track vid of myself on my SV650 last season. I'm on the blue one that passes the camera bike about 20 seconds in. Sorry to the OP -- this helps you none, since you want a cruiser, but...

Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 AM   #62
Brew Runner
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Whether or not some riding group cares what you bring, there are still strong brand(and "field") cliques among others. Harley is a strong one, although I'm not really crazy about HDs. BMW is another as is the KTM/Husaberg/Husqvarna crowd and Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki crotch rocket audience.

I ride my Honda offroad and am not always "recognized" by the street riders(you know, the 'wave'). Usually I am, but sometimes not. OTOH, sometimes I get the 'wave' while riding my bicycle.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #63
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

If I have to Explain, you wouldn't understand. I have ridden my Heritage HD 1300 miles in two days day and I like to be comfortable. 29.5K no problems. Take a MSF course on the bike you ride. Be safe, have fun. SHUT UP and RIDE.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	4399  
The Older I get the Faster I use to be.