A spider in my wort-names?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelican521

Reaction score
Well, just about done chilling my IPA now, but a spider kamikazed in my boiling wort. Luckily it was very early on and I noticed him floating around and fished him out.

Any good names for my IPA to honor this brave spider?

Yes, lol on the daddy limp legs. Eight legged IPA has a nice ring to it. I also thought of using Boris somehow as well.

Hmm, if you name it and like the recipe, then you will never be able to brew it again with out also adding a another spider. Then you'll be experimenting with different types of spiders. I see a slippery slope of spider brews in your future.

Seriously, I wonder... If was actually a poisonous spider in the wort, if it would be "safe" to drink? If my beer was going to contain Black Widow Extract, I think I might dump it.

I like "8 Legged IPA" by the way.

David

oh man, that creeps me out a bit with the poisonous spider comment. Luckily, in CT, poisonous spiders aren't too common. That, and hopefully, I got him out before I extracted any venom.

If you see some dude shooting webs and climbing buildings in the tri-state area, you'll know who it is :)

Horace and the IPA

HoraceTheSpiders.jpg

Whatever you name it, I hope you dry-spider to accentuate some of the spider aromas lost in the boil.

Thanks for the great names. Eight-Legged IPA wins the vote! It was day 12 yesterday and I took a gravity reading and pulled a sample.

OG was 1.060 - FG was 1.010

It tasted fantastic! Cold crashing now and will dry hop with 3.5 oz in a few days

Venom

Up The Spout IPA

Spidey Sense

Arachnophobia

Charlotte's Web

Palate Biter IPA

Back