Template - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Template

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
brackbrew
Recipes 
 
Feb 2005
Lancaster, PA
Posts: 361
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts



Is there a template you guys use for labels that doesn't require a special program?



 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:21 AM   #2
jackmoe
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Seattle
Posts: 38

Depends on what you mean by template. Are you lookinf for just sizing parameters or looking for a background that you can type text into?



 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
deranged_hermit
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Chicago, IL
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmoe
Depends on what you mean by template. Are you lookinf for just sizing parameters or looking for a background that you can type text into?
sizes would work for me... and different sizes too!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
jackmoe
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Seattle
Posts: 38

I used these for the one's I just did. It gives a bunch of different sizes, then you do your lable in Photoshop, or Illustrator or whatever, drop it into the box, and go print, super easy.

http://www.4th-vine.com/cdn/download..._Templates.zip

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chairman Cheyco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Calgary
Posts: 3,246
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


I usually buy the Avery labels at the local office supply store. There are tons of different sizes. Choose the one you want and make your label picture to the proper size in your image program. MS Word and most other word processors have label tamplates coresponding to the Avery label number, so you just open the template and insert your label graphic.
I hope that's what you were asking...
__________________
Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
DeejayDebi
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Connecticut
Posts: 62

Cheyco-

Isn't it a PITA to get the Avery lables off?

I must be cheap and lazy I use regular computer paper and a glue stick. Get about 9 lables a page and I haven't finished a glue stick yet just got around the outside edges (no glue in the middle). They come off really easy too.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyco
I usually buy the Avery labels at the local office supply store. There are tons of different sizes. Choose the one you want and make your label picture to the proper size in your image program. MS Word and most other word processors have label tamplates coresponding to the Avery label number, so you just open the template and insert your label graphic.
I hope that's what you were asking...
__________________
DeeJayDebi

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #7
bikebryan
Recipes 
 
Mar 2005
Alexandria, VA
Posts: 556
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeejayDebi
Cheyco-

Isn't it a PITA to get the Avery lables off?

I must be cheap and lazy I use regular computer paper and a glue stick. Get about 9 lables a page and I haven't finished a glue stick yet just got around the outside edges (no glue in the middle). They come off really easy too.

I use the Avery labels as well. When it's time to take them off, I just soak them in a big tub of hot water and a scoop of Oxyclean. Then I peel off the label and give the residue a quick pass with a scratch pad.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chairman Cheyco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Calgary
Posts: 3,246
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


I usually let them get about three layers thick before I go for 'de-labeling day.' It doesn't seem to be any slower that way. I do a thorough clean of the inside as soon as I pour, then sanitize when I bottle. Works great. I always have a few virgin bottles around for giving away to keep up appearances

That and my father was killed by a glue-stick. It still hurts to talk about it... ,'/


__________________
Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Homebrew notebook template toastermm Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 6 12-11-2011 09:33 AM
Label Template? mangine77 Label Display & Discussion 2 05-27-2009 04:30 AM
Critique my lables template ThriceIn5Minutes Label Display & Discussion 5 08-29-2008 11:37 AM
anyone have a GIMP template for labels? wilbanba Label Display & Discussion 3 08-05-2008 12:30 AM
Label template ModlrMike Label Display & Discussion 3 07-27-2007 01:37 AM


Forum Jump