Cool old bottle-capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3toes

Reaction score
Hey I got some new equipment! :p

TOlPFVq.jpg

My grandfather was a big home-brewer, but I never realized it until I started up and my mom and aunt told me (he passed when I was about 3, I'm 34 now...). My aunt told me she still had his old bottle-capper if I wanted it. I have a great bench-capper, but I think it makes a cool display piece :)

I've got one that's pretty similar to that... it was in the house that I bought. I've always wondered if the old guy brewed or what.

I have an old one too! It has a rod with gear teeth in one side. One end caps bottles and if you flip it over, the other end corks wine bottles. It caps and corks and does so very well...it may be old, but it works great, way better than the wing cappers. As a bonus, even the ham-fisted lout that I am, I doubt I could break this old tool! It has a cool factor in my book...plus, it was only 25 bucks.

I have an old one too! It has a rod with gear teeth in one side. One end caps bottles and if you flip it over, the other end corks wine bottles. It caps and corks and does so very well...it may be old, but it works great, way better than the wing cappers. As a bonus, even the ham-fisted lout that I am, I doubt I could break this old tool! It has a cool factor in my book...plus, it was only 25 bucks.

Got a picture of it? I'd love to see that.

Back