Monster Mill 2 Pro Drill Options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flbrewer1

Reaction score
Fellow MM2/ Pro users kindly let me know which corded or cordless drill you are using to move this beast. Cheers!

That's the drill many of us use. Cheap and cheerful. If you can get a 25% or more off Super Coupon it gets even better.

Note: These drills used to come with a small (yellow) adjustment wheel built into the trigger to limit the maximum depth it can be squeezed down to, hence limiting the maximum speed. That wheel has been omitted in this newer model, but the original ones may still be around in some stores (slightly different model #).

Now watch out!
Although this is not related to using the HF drill, or any high torque drill, but more so because of the way-too-small and flimsy factory supplied MDF baseboard, I do want to mention this in context of the Monster Mill. After almost 2 years of great (and light) use, a few months ago I managed to bend the 3/8" drive shaft on my MM2 after one of the non-driven roller had locked up. I've been able to straighten the shaft adequately and eliminate most if not all of the resulting wobble. To prevent this from happening again, I now have the drill mounted to a new, larger and extended plywood baseboard I built, perfectly in line with the shaft with no place to go, or turn.

Last edited:
That's the drill many of us use. Cheap and cheerful. If you can get a 25% or more off Super Coupon it gets even better.

Note: These drills used to come with a small (yellow) adjustment wheel built into the trigger to limit the maximum depth it can be squeezed down to, hence limiting the maximum speed. That wheel has been omitted in this newer model, but the original ones may still be around in some stores (slightly different model #).

Now watch out!
After almost 2 years of great use, a few months ago I managed to bend the 3/8" drive shaft on my MM2 after one of the rollers had locked up. I've been able to straighten the shaft adequately. To prevent this from happening again, I now have the drill mounted to a new, larger and extended plywood baseboard I built, perfectly in line with the shaft with no place to go, or turn.

I must have gotten one of the older ones, because mine still has the speed adjustment wheel in the trigger.

FYI, I just dredged up an older thread on this topic but Harbor Freight seems to have no more with the dial. I've tried three stores. The floor models have the dial but in the box is the "new and improved" model. So, looking for options myself. I'd love to just motorize but I can't throw $400 at it right now.

Back