Whatcha Drinkin... - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Whatcha Drinkin...

Old 01-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #21
Lounge Lizard

Recipes 

Nov 2005
Texas
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Right now I'm sampling a bottle of Mississippi Mud (Black & Tan) that friends gave me.

What on earth do they make this stuff out of??

Can't say I've ever tasted anything like it. This is must be one of those aquired taste kind of deals....

Old 01-29-2006, 01:51 AM   #22
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbarefoot
I guess...

I was thinking of Sif Stout way back in November, and even made up a very basic label:

(yes, I know, graphic design is not my strength). Sif was the goddess of grain/fertility (wife of Thor), with long golden hair (like me). Seemed appropriate to be something grain-related. Trouble is, no one knows who she is.
But the thing is, if she's so cool that someone named a beer after her, she must be cool. Thus, people will be compelled to learn about her. Do you think anyone knew who the hell Pliny the Elder was before he had a beer named after him? Hell no! It's a cool name. I like it.

Back on topic....I'm drinking a New Belgium 1554. Not too shabby. I'm about to have a glass of Johnnie Walker Black, though. It's been a long week.
Gone unsung for far too long

Old 01-29-2006, 02:05 AM   #23
dancingbarefoot
Recipes 

Oct 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam75
But the thing is, if she's so cool that someone named a beer after her, she must be cool. Thus, people will be compelled to learn about her.
Hehe. Point taken. Sif Stout it is, then!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:12 AM   #24
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Hehe. Point taken. Sif Stout it is, then!
Rock on.
Gone unsung for far too long

Old 01-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #25
rewster451

Recipes 

Oct 2005
columbia, MO

Johnny Walker Black?? Man, I wish I was hanging out with you right now. I'm drinking some Oatmeal Java "The Juice" stout and I had another St. Peters Cream Stout. Man that is some good stout. They say they use challenger and fuggles, but I want to see if I can find some kind of clone recipe that tells more about the grain bill. It's just good stout.
Up next: Big Brew Off competition between me and Kaptain Karma as one team, and my two roommates as another--We'll be brewing Pale Ales with specifications on malts, hops, and total yeild to see who's version is better (and to end up with ten total gallons of great beer).
Also up soon: Belgian Dubbel
Primary: Grampa's Woodshed Apple Smoked Porter
Secondary: Zombiefoot California Common, Chocolate Strong Porter
Drinking: Seamus O'Drunkagan Irish Red, Humble Pie Imperial Stout, Capricorn IPA

Old 01-29-2006, 04:37 AM   #26
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewster451
Johnny Walker Black?? Man, I wish I was hanging out with you right now. I'm drinking some Oatmeal Java "The Juice" stout and I had another St. Peters Cream Stout. Man that is some good stout. They say they use challenger and fuggles, but I want to see if I can find some kind of clone recipe that tells more about the grain bill. It's just good stout.
St.Peters...Hmm...I saw that the other day and almost got one--but I was already over my allowance so I said--next time. Hopefully they still have some.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 01-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #27
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Nov 2004
Beaumont, Texas
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

well, i split my Ruination IPA w/ a friend while he nrewed today, and i must say i was underwhelmed by it. good, but no better than the Hopzilla at Two Rows. the Racer 5 IPA was better IMHO.

then had some more Red Bird Ale and now a Sanit Arnold's Winter Stout.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #28
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Sif was the goddess of grain/fertility (wife of Thor)
Funny, I thought I knew all about Thor and Odin and Loki, but I don't remember Sif being mentioned in any of his comics.

Thor checks in here on a regular basis (he apparently moved from Norway to North Texas), so maybe he'll give us some more info on his family tree.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 01-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #29
dancingbarefoot
Recipes 

Oct 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero
Funny, I thought I knew all about Thor and Odin and Loki, but I don't remember Sif being mentioned in any of his comics.
Must've missed those comics. Not a big comic book fan, really.

Sif was Thor's wife, with golden hair down to her knees (some sources say longer). Loki cut it off, and Thor was outraged (they don't mention whether Sif was mad or not, oddly enough). Thor demanded that Loki replace her hair, so Loki got someone to spin real gold into new hair for her. I thought it fitting since I also have knee-length golden hair (though the 'goddess' part is hard act to follow!).

On-topic: tonight I'll be enjoying some more Belhaven.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #30
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero

Thor checks in here on a regular basis (he apparently moved from Norway to North Texas), so maybe he'll give us some more info on his family tree.
What ? there's another ancester in Texas...must be my cousin 62 times removed.Yeah, I have my great, great, great, great ,great grandfathers hammer hanging around my neck. My great grandfather was a ship builder in Norway..(Say that holding the tip of your tongue) but I only like the rape and pillage part of my ancestory. Didn't know ggggggg grandma liked barley.