Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Diversol poison
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 425
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Diversol poison

I sanitize my bottle by soaking them in Diversol (pink powder stuff). What I have read people are very adimant to tripple rinse everything! Is this stuff dangerous - in otherwords if trace ammounts are left in the bottle will it make ya sick?

Would it be ok to give it a good single rinse in hotwater? Or how about even a double rinse?

grasshopper1917 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bradsul's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,894
Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4


It is bleach based, that is why you need to rinse. Basically rinse until you can't smell it anymore and you're fine. You might want to consider getting yourself some starsan or iodophor, they really do make life much easier.
Canadian Brewers Unite!

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station
bradsul is offline
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diversol Blues ChickenSoop Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 0 02-19-2009 05:03 PM
Diversol oops! rgcant Equipment/Sanitation 8 10-11-2007 11:34 PM
Diversol oops! rgcant Equipment/Sanitation 1 10-11-2007 10:04 PM
Poison? Cellophane Mead Forum 3 08-31-2006 03:49 PM

Forum Jump

Newest Threads