Funny Onion article on homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that one too. As with any good satire, there's an element of truth to how some of our loved ones feel about our choice in hobbies.

But seriously, my beer is awesome. F YOU, ONION. :p

The Onion - Bringing a tear to your eye as we have killed objective journalism.

As a Badger, I'm proud to say that the Onion started at the University of Wisconsin sort of as our answer to the National Lampoon. The building where they started was razed a couple years ago to make way for a high-rise apartment building. I have it on good authority that one of the founders went on to be a writer for Futurama's recent comeback and for American Dad.

EDIT: They still have an office in downtown Madison. It's called Zweifel, Zweifel & Zweifel.

I saw that one too. As with any good satire, there's an element of truth to how some of our loved ones feel about our choice in hobbies.

Exactly. A lot of brewpubs make mediocre beer. Some even make crappy beer. Is it any surprise that most homebrewers--novices especially--have a lot of ugly baby syndrome going on?

Back