Who is Brewing this 4th of July....or at least the weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
While I am not Brewing on the 4th (since we are having family over for some grillin' and Homebrew Drinking).....I will be Brewing on Thursday July 2nd...which is the start of my mini 5-day vacation for the 4th of July weekend.

I will be brewing a Dusseldorf Alt for the first time.

It will be fun to watch the neighbors head of to work while I prepare for my brew day! :D

I expect I will brew on the 4th or 5th since I plan to go fishing/camping the following weekend. I'll probly brew an IPA and smoke some ribs as well.

I hope to brew an IPA on the 4th as long as I can find someione at work to cover my call!!

Ill be brewing my quick sour on Friday along with smoking some pork shoulder for a party on the fourth.

I need to, all these beer festivals, lake weekends, and BBQ parties are killing my pipeline...but idk if I will get the chance since we will be out of town until Sunday afternoon. If I do, I will either put together my first Oktoberfest or I have been putting together a lemon wheat recipe that I am dying to make.

I'll be brewing a saison over the weekend but a couple years back I brewed a special 4th of July beer with Victory malt and Liberty hops.

After 4 weekends of backbreaking work putting in a new flagstone patio/firepit around the front of the brewshed and around the end of the driveway and side of the house, I am going to be brewing an orange cream ale on Friday.
Basically just a cream ale with 4oz of sweet orange zest added the last 2 mins of the boil. One of the house favs in the hotter months.

I've got more beer in the pipeline than I really need, but I think I will try to get at least one brew in anyway. Might have to donate one to some friends. Or maybe brew up a strong beer for Winter.

Hard to decide just WHAT to brew!

It may be an even split with Helles I am also doing one this weekend. Ingredients are being delivered today!!

Well, I'll be damned. That's hard to believe these days. What with everyone and their IPAs...

I've got over 270 bottles of beers in stock right now, but just as it is with money, it's never enough. So my son and I will hopefully brew the Kölsch that we wanted to brew yesterday, before a torrential downpour washed away that idea. It wasn't a total loss though, as we tasted may fine beers, ate some great pizza and watched the Joss Whedon cult classic film Serenity...

I've got over 270 bottles of beers in stock right now, but just as it is with money, it's never enough. So my son and I will hopefully brew the Kölsch that we wanted to brew yesterday, before a torrential downpour washed away that idea. It wasn't a total loss though, as we tasted may fine beers, ate some great pizza and watched the Joss Whedon cult classic film Serenity...

Grown kids coming over to binge watch as much Firefly as we can cram in before Serenity. Kitchen still being remodeled and I have no easy way to brew for another few weeks. It's killing me.

Brewing up a smoked imperial porter, using WLP028. Hoping to get near Coffee and Cigarettes by Cellarmaker Brewing. Cheers!

I'm a little late this year but I am going to try and brew an Oktoberfest on Friday.

Nah, it's not late. I plan to brew mine in a few weeks and give it about 5 or 6 weeks lagering. Plenty of time. Think I'm going the festbier route this year with equal portions of Munich, Vienna, and Pilsner to make up the grist. I guess if I don't dig it, I'll brew my usual grist which has a little caramunich and is about 12 SRM.

I have a 1lb of Simcoe being delivered today! Gotta brew something with that this weekend I think!
Anyone ever brew a Simcoe smash?

If I make it back early enough from a party, I'll be brewing on Sunday. I am also brewing this Wednesday. I am still trying to decide what is next. These are my last two batches before brewing two for my wedding in August... I will, however, be getting lots of friends loaded on my Warrior Double on Saturday. It is clocking in close to 8.5%.

Picked up the ingredients today to brew Da Yoopers House Pale on Friday. Hoping to take the keg with us for vacation beginning of August.

Off on Friday so brewing up an amber ale. It's a conversion from the LHBS extract recipe in an all grain version. Interested in how it comes out since it has a distinct raisiny taste. The IBUs will be jacked up to around 40 also since I'll use their hop schedule in a full boil. The Challenger hops for bittering are 8.9 % AA and the cascades at 15 minutes are 7.1%. I know that hops vary but they seem to be going up!

I could move the hop schedule around but I like the 40 area for an amber anyway.

Since the 4th is my birthday I will be brewing tomorrow...my sister and brother in law are coming over with my niece for her and daddy's first brew day! Needless to say I'm very excited!

Oh AND my little nieces love it when I make root beer. (Quote - "Uncle Jon makes the BEST root beer!") This year I asked if they want to come over and help me make the root beer and they are really excited for that.

Brewing a tangerine wheat on Thursday. Will be my first attempt at a 10 gallon batch.

Good luck on the 10 gallon batch! My boil kettle is only 10.5 so I usually do around 7-8 gallons, or just enough to top off the corny keg after losses if I'm not bottling. I will be doing a orange honey wheat soon as well. The recipe on HBT here but I think I'll add the late citruisy hops just because I've got them.

I'll be brewing the 2nd or 3rd and doing up the Bit R Done. I'll be using my new grain mill and fermenting chamber I built, both for the first time. Should be a good time as I am introducing my Brother-in-Law to the happiness that brewing can bring.

Tomorrow, if all goes well. I am going to do a 5gal clone of Jonas Bronck's " chocolate egg cream stout "
and if time is on my side, 5gals of a Belgium doubbel with a blood orange tincture.
Good Luck to all the brewers, and Happy July 4th.:mug:

Brewing 2 batches this weekend to get ready for a mid August bbq at our new house.

The famous Centennial Blonde recipe and a Orange Witbeer.

I have a Saison ready in bottles and a DIPA that's cold crashing now, should be a nice variety at the party :)

i will brew on Thursday, 7/2. Gonna remake my SMaSH with Munich that i just found to be infected, darn it. Munich Light + Glacier hops + Nottingham yeast.

Back