Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > All grain equipment for new brewer- pots, mash tun, etc
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #21
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 66 Times on 43 Posts

Yeah, my stand took 4-5 hours of total work. And I've only got about $100 in it. Well, more like $500 if you count the pump, kettles, chiller, etc.

Originally Posted by duffman2 View Post
I dub this beer the Double Slutty Triple Nutty Bodacious Booty Brunette!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #22
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Looks just like the Brew-Magic! How'd you do it?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #23

Well, I think the best thing to consider is how you plan to sparge.

If you are planning to do batch sparges, go with the 2100. Everything is on the same level and you don't need a step ladder to stir the mash. You can always use a small bucket to scoop out the spent grains for easier disposal. This system doesn't lend itself to doing fly sparges very easily though as you will need two pumps and have to be careful on watching the flow rates and making sure you don't compact the grains with too much suction. A fly sparge should float a little in the kettle for best efficiency and to prevent channeling.

If you plan on fly sparging, I would get the 2050. Only one pump is needed and you can get it with a float control switch so you don't have to baby the sparge as much. Gravity will handle the rest. Plus you get the tippy dump tun which will save your back big time. You can batch sparge on it, but will need to climb up and down a couple of times during this, which can be a bit or a pain (or part of your weekly workout). If you go this route, get the step option, it will save you from moving the step stool around constantly and forgetting where you put it last.

I have the 1500 which is very similar to the 2050, just no tippy dump tun and only 10 gallon batches. If I were to buy another sculpture from Morebeer, I would get the 2050 with the step and all the control panel options. That said, if I were to upgrade my current set up, I would probably go the route that Lil'Sparky has gone and have a welding shop build me something for a fraction of the cost. I wouldn't get all the cool control panel options, but it would be a good batch sparge set up that would be easy to brew on.

Or you could spend the extra dough and do the Sabco. Those are nice.
Drinking on the keg: BPA, Brown Ale, Dry Mead, Wee Heavy aged on Oak, CAP
Drinking in the Bottle: