AIH Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReverseMonk

Reaction score
Quick question...does anyone have any experience with the welded kettles from AIH? I am specifically looking at the 32qt, single weld version for a small e-brewery, but all versions/sizes appear to have the same or similar specs. 18 gauge, 304 stainless with welded 1/2" couplings.

http://www.homebrewing.org/One-Weld-8-Gallon-32-qt-Stainless-Steel-Pot_p_4852.html

It really is a great price for a kettle with these specs (and all the reviews on their site are 4/5 star), just curious if anyone has any other experiences, good or bad. The only remotely questionable comment I've seen is that the bottoms have a tendency to be slightly concave and it makes me wonder if the kettles start rocking when boiling.

Cheers,
Brian

I had a 9 gallon one and currently use the 15 gallon one. Both two welds. No complaints for the price. The welds look OK, I make sure to clean them well after each brew and hit them with some barkeepers friend even so often. Never had any issues with it rocking during the boil on my sq14 burner.

Back