What's wrong with this bine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing, the leaves are dry and crispy, but my water schedule is more than I've read is normal.
This is happening on most of my plants.
I just dug down into the soil and about an inch and a half down it was dry.

That's the thing, the leaves are dry and crispy, but my water schedule is more than I've read is normal.
This is happening on most of my plants.
I just dug down into the soil and about an inch and a half down it was dry.

You can't follow a prescribed "water schedule," you have to adjust what you're doing to your specific conditions. Your rainfall, soil's ability to hold water (clay/organic matter content, tilth, etc), and what all is growing on that soil will all affect how much you need to water.

If your plant looks thirsty, dig down 6" and if the soil is dry, water more. Or you can do what I do and spend $20 on a handy-dandy soil moisture meter that quickly and easily measures moisture 8" down without disturbing the roots of the plants as much as digging. :)

You should be aiming to keep moisture at 6-8" down at least at 70% on the meter.

Back