Carlo Rossi bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrchaos101

Reaction score
Any buy this wine... for the glass? Seems cheaper then buying and paying shipping.

Any issues with air locks wanting to squeez out?

What about the 1.75L big crown bottles?

Any buy this wine... for the glass? Seems cheaper then buying and paying shipping.

Any issues with air locks wanting to squeez out?

What about the 1.75L big crown bottles?

I use Carlo Rossi all the time- with a #6 stopper it makes a nice fermenter size for one gallon batches. The only wine I can stomach is the burgundy, and it goes in my spaghetti sauce, but I have gone dumpster diving for many of them and I bet I have a dozen of the bottles now.

I don't know what a big grown bottle is, so I can't answer that one!

Crown bottles and the larger glass handles of rum probably take a 4 or 5 stopper. The 3L bottles of cheap port and sherry take a 5 or 6.

Check with Mexican restaurants that make cheap house sangria. They probably use either jug or box wine as the base.

The Carlo Rossi jug wines cost $15 here. I bought 2 and got started with them. I've searched for jugs but s/h cost were crazy. I finally found some that met my budget. Uline.com is where I found them. The magic number was 8 ( for me). $56ish total which made them around $7 each.

Last year, Whole Foods in the Pacific Northwest had apple juice in gallon glass jugs and or cider in 3/4 gallon jugs for $9. Not a good deal. However, they went on sale for $5 a jug which gave me juice and cider for making hard cider plus glass jugs. Decent sale. Add in the fact that the 3/4 gallon jugs really come in handy.

Back