Hi from VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbody

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm from Northern Virginia (DC suburb) and been brewing for a couple of years now! My love of brewing started when I lived in Denver, CO... Man I miss The Brew Hut... I look forward to being part of the forum that has helped me out so much over the last two years!!! I am always ready to learn more so any helpful hints are always appreciated.

Happy brewing my friends

I'm also in Northern Va. Welcome to the forum, lots of great knowledge and opinions to sift through here.

patiently waiting to check out a new homebrew store "the brew Shop" (arlbrew.com). they got lots of plans hope it turns out well.

Another NOVAn here. I've only run a couple batches so far, but I seem to be getting more and more gear.. corny kegs kegerator/fermentation chamber. I planted some hop rhizomes this spring and am hopeful I'll be able to brew a batch with my first harvest this fall.

another NoVA homebrewer here!

if you're close to the Herndon area, would like to extend an invitation to check out the Wort Hogs Brew Club. We meet every 2nd Wednesday of the month, usually at the Mellow Mushroom in Herndon, but sometimes at local breweries. Our meetings start "exactly" at 7:30 and this months' competition is Fruit Beer – BJCP 20

there is also NoVA Homebrew, which meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn. NoVA does not hold competitions, but is more of a bring your homebrew, if we can't help you brew it better, we'll at least help you drink it kind of club. Plus bring any unusual or interesting commercial brew you find, we'll help you drink that too

welcome to NOVA!

Another NOVAn here. I've only run a couple batches so far, but I seem to be getting more and more gear.. corny kegs kegerator/fermentation chamber. I planted some hop rhizomes this spring and am hopeful I'll be able to brew a batch with my first harvest this fall.

I've been thinking about planting some rhizomes. Share your experience when they come in. I am interested in getting someone's experience growing from rhizomes. A friend of mine grew from seeds 3 yrs ago and they still are not flowering.

another NoVA homebrewer here!

if you're close to the Herndon area, would like to extend an invitation to check out the Wort Hogs Brew Club. We meet every 2nd Wednesday of the month, usually at the Mellow Mushroom in Herndon, but sometimes at local breweries. Our meetings start "exactly" at 7:30 and this months' competition is Fruit Beer – BJCP 20

there is also NoVA Homebrew, which meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn. NoVA does not hold competitions, but is more of a bring your homebrew, if we can't help you brew it better, we'll at least help you drink it kind of club. Plus bring any unusual or interesting commercial brew you find, we'll help you drink that too

welcome to NOVA!

Argh! both those might are like a world away! I am in Woodbridge, might as well be the other side of the belt way the way traffic is here.

That is a haul, don't blame you for not wanting to make that trip

You could try Prince William Brewers Guild

pwbg.org

A friend of mine grew from seeds 3 yrs ago and they still are not flowering.

I think only the female plants create the "hops", but don't rip them out.. I might need a pollinator for mine in a year or two. They might take a few years to mature as well.

I bought 5 rhizomes this spring through amazon and only two or possibly 3 survived. One of the shoots has slightly different characteristics so I might have Cascade and Centennial. I used very well draining (left over bonsai) soil amended with some vermi-compost from my bin. I planted them in a large Terracotta pot and transplanted one to the ground.

I think only the female plants create the "hops", but don't rip them out.. I might need a pollinator for mine in a year or two. They might take a few years to mature as well.

It'll be a few years before I get to try to grow some. Apartment living is not as conducive to brewing as I might have thought!

Latest posts

Back