possible BIAB equipment breakthrough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emyers

Reaction score
http://www.gizmag.com/paragon-induction-cooktop/35972/

I was just browsing for temperature probe controlled induction cooktops and found the paragon induction cooktop which will be released this fall. If this thing is as accurate as I hope, this coupled with a small pump would make temp controlled recirculating biab a no brainer. At $250 a unit it's a bit on the steep side compared to my $60 manual induction duxtop but well worth it imo. I couldn't find the wattage, I sure hope it's at or over 1500w. This cooktop may make it to my Xmas list. Has anyone found simmilar cooktops with corded probes?

Did you read the comments? This device may not be strong enough to boil large amounts of liquid-

That doesn't look like it'll be powerful enough. If I think about the 120v avancto induction cooktop, it will bring 5 gallons to a boil, eventually, if it runs at 1800 watts. I couldn't find much on how many watts the cooktop is and it certainly doesn't point out how it can boil a lot of liquid at once. For the same price, you can get the avanctop 1800.

A google search says its 1,400w. 1,400w is a bit low but it'd be ok for small batch or partial boils. And the immersed thermal sensor is essential to get reasonable temp readings for the cooker. The critical question is, what temperature increments does it support? A lot of the cheap induction cookers only step in 30*F increments, which isn't very helpful to us (and not even to mention that the under the glass thermal sensors are less than accurate).

I hacked my Avantco to use an external probe:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=518213

Back