Favorite Pub to hang at? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central Homebrew Forum > Favorite Pub to hang at?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 01:56 AM   #31
Sir Sudster
 
Sir Sudster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2005
Buda, Tx
Posts: 1,030
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
oh man, the Salt Lick......you had to go a bring up BBQ didn't you Sudster!

awesome place!
It's a real laid back atmosphere...and I just like the feel of the place..rustic. The BBQ is OK but I don't think its award winning. They were featured on the FOOD channel not too long ago and got high praise for the BBQ. I want to try a place in Luling that EL P. suggested. Said the BBQ is real good.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #32
loopmd
 
loopmd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 657
Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
OMG I HATE YOU, DUDE!!!!!!!!!

When I lived in Omaha I went there all the time. Loved thier beers. Too bad the place is pretty expensive, IMHO. If you go just to drink the beer and sit at the bar and BS, yeah.....

Upstream...miss the place....

Love it there. SWMBO and I will raise a Firehouse ESB in your honor this weekend. They also have a new place out west of town, but nothing like hanging out in the Old Market.

loop

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #33
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,770
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by loopmd
Love it there. SWMBO and I will raise a Firehouse ESB in your honor this weekend. They also have a new place out west of town, but nothing like hanging out in the Old Market.

loop
Yeah, Crescent City or something like that? Is it over by Creighton? Never been there but I've heard about it.

This summer we'll be visiting some friends in Omaha--I'm sure a trip to the Old Market is in order. We'll hit Upstream and the Dubliner for sure.
__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #34
dancingbarefoot
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
Posts: 326

Moose's Tooth, in my hometown (Anchorage, AK). Darwin's Theory is a pretty nice place to hang out, too.

In Houston, I guess Two Rows.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #35
DeRoux's Broux
 
DeRoux's Broux's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2004
Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 2,959
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudster
It's a real laid back atmosphere...and I just like the feel of the place..rustic. The BBQ is OK but I don't think its award winning. They were featured on the FOOD channel not too long ago and got high praise for the BBQ. I want to try a place in Luling that EL P. suggested. Said the BBQ is real good.
have you been to Cooper's in Llano? nothing but good! also a place in Blanco that's good BBQ.
__________________
Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:42 AM   #36
Sir Sudster
 
Sir Sudster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2005
Buda, Tx
Posts: 1,030
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
have you been to Cooper's in Llano? nothing but good! also a place in Blanco that's good BBQ.
Nope, haven't been there either. I guess I need to get out more. Thanks for the info.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 AM   #37
homebrewer_99
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,792
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrobe
I live in south phoenix It takes 45 min to get through the traffic most of the time
Any brew pubs in Tempe? Me and the wife will be heading that way in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get together for a few brews with you and your significant other.

I only have to make it to Blythe that night. By my calculation that's only about 2-2.5 hours from Tempe. I want to do Joshua Tree the next morning be fore heading to LA.
__________________
HB Bill

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #38
wild
Recipes 
 
Jun 2005
Surprise, AZ.
Posts: 1,488
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
Any brew pubs in Tempe? Me and the wife will be heading that way in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get together for a few brews with you and your significant other.

I only have to make it to Blythe that night. By my calculation that's only about 2-2.5 hours from Tempe. I want to do Joshua Tree the next morning be fore heading to LA.
Here's what Tempe has to offer:

Four Peaks Brewing Company
1340 East 8th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281

Gordon Biersch
420 South Mill Ave, #201
Tempe, AZ 85281


Papago Brewing
7107 East McDowell Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85257 (Right on the north outskirts of Tempe)

Rio Salado Brewing Company (One of my favorites)
1520 W. Mineral Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85283-4343


Streets of New York
19. 1470 E. Southern
(Brewery Location)
West of McClintock Dr.
480-777-9600

Enjoy,
Wild
__________________
On Tap -
  1. 3 year old Oak Aged Bourbon Porter
  2. Irish Red Rye
  3. Robust Porter
  4. Russian Imperial Stout
  5. Mirror Pond Clone dry hopped with Citra
  6. Mirror Pond Clone dry hopped with Centennial
Primary - Nada
Secondary -
From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world. -- Saint Arnoldus

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brewed my 4th Batch - I might be getting the hang of this TexasSpartan Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 1 03-02-2009 05:30 PM
hang-on-pot whirlpool needs modification nathan Kettles, Mash Tuns & Hot Liquor Tanks 0 02-19-2009 03:04 PM
How to beat a hang over!!!!! FatGuy66 General Beer Discussion 1 05-01-2007 07:42 AM
Bocce--let it all hang out....... Chairman Cheyco General Chit Chat 22 06-16-2006 05:45 PM
Getting the hang of this! awillis General Beer Discussion 0 02-10-2006 10:27 PM


Forum Jump