HOP BLOSSOM COMP in VA - who want's to send in a beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entered one the first year they did the hop blossom festival. I had to drive my entry all the way to valley homebrew in Stephan's City because I waited until the last day... It was a drive but it's so nice out there!

I just brewed a rye IPA i might enter if it fits the bill. Good luck on your entries man!!

I planned on it, but never got around to buying the beer gun so couldn't bottle it.

Good luck!

I planned on it, but never got around to buying the beer gun so couldn't bottle it.

Good luck!

sboyajain, I have a beer gun, you're welcome to use it if you would still like to get in your entry. Send me a PM if you'd like to use it.

Thinking about this, but question.

It looks like the score sheets will not be mailed out until after the Festival, but will the results be posted on the competition website once verified or not until sometime after the Awards Ceremony at the Festival?

There are two different dates listed for the Ceremony on the competition website?

Results will be announced as soon as possible after the May 30th Judging is completed and the results are verified.
The Awards Ceremony will be held at the The Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival on Saturday June 13th. All Medals will be handed out that day for those that are in attendance.
Award Ceremony
Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival
Stage Area/ Winchester, VA. Courthouse Steps Map Hop Blossom Craft Beer FestivalMap Hop Blossom Craft Beer Festival
Friday, June 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM, EDT

I believe the JUNE dates are accidental leftovers from last years competition. I just think they didn't update the entire website, but I'm not sure.

With the comp. being on May 30th, I'd imagine that the results will be up within a few days after that. The judges notes may not come for a month or more if it's anything like other comps I've been involved in.

sboyajain, I have a beer gun, you're welcome to use it if you would still like to get in your entry. Send me a PM if you'd like to use it.

That's awesome, thank you.

Sadly, the two beers I would have entered (black IPA and stout) lived a tragically short life.

That's awesome, thank you.

Sadly, the two beers I would have entered (black IPA and stout) lived a tragically short life.

That is tragic. Well if you want to use in the future its no problem, I just noticed you were from Gainesville, I'm in Warrenton. Have you been out to any of the local Big Brews or events at Old Bust Head? We may have already met.

I wanted to get to this years big brew, but a big group of friends and I headed to Gold Cup, so I missed it.

I'm in Warrenton right now at my in laws.

I will take you up on the offer soon if I don't get one. It would be nice to have the option to bottle cleared beer.

You should be fine. I just put mine in the mail yesterday, and they said it'd be there by Thursday...but I guess it depends where your shipping from.

I sent FedEx on Wed. Tracking says they got it today. Entered a Cream Ale. What are the prizes? I see a crapton of sponsors, but no awards.

I was judging yesterday.

We had that beer in my flight and I pushed for it in mini-BOS. How old was it? Tasted beautifully cellared. Well done.

I was really impressed with the overall caliber of beer that I judged.

Thanks!

I brewed it January 12, 2014 and bottled March 25, 2014. That was my last 3 bottles of that batch, but got another to bottle soon :)

Congrats all around! This was my second year entering this competition. I swear...SWEAR that I'll place one of these years. Haha!

Any chance those beers that placed have their recipes posted? Just curious :)

I got first in Category 15! I entered a hefeweizen and an IIPA. I was really happy with the IIPA, but entered the hefeweizen, too, so I could get some feedback on how to improve it for future batches. I know there were only 7 entries, but I am still happy about it. I'm looking forward to reading the score sheets.

Same here. I was hoping that my IIPA would place, but I used a hop I didn't have any experience with, so I'm looking forward to hearing what the judges have to say.

My Oak Aged Barleywine was, admittedly, still young - but It was still pretty tasty to me. I'm excited to improve on this one.

One out of 5 of my entries took third (9 entries in category). Oh well, at least it was the beer I was most hopeful for.

Is like to thank you all for entering! We work very hard to make this competition a great one.

I'm working on getting the scoresheets out to you ASAP. Promise!

Results posted, medals will be handed out at the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Fest.

Those that can't make it their medals and any prizes will be shipped out shortly after the 13th date.

Cheers!

Tim

Back