National Hombrew Day!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down as a 'possible.'

If not on the day, probably Sunday. Making some session pale type thing.

5.5 gal batch
1.055 OG
25-30 IBU
10# 2-row
.75# Crystal whatever I've got lying around

.5 oz Simcoe FWH
.5 oz Simcoe @ 10
1 oz Cascade @ FO/Hopstand
1 oz Cascade Dry hop

Notty

Wanna brew an Irish red PM Saturday. Ohio free fishin is this weekend, so the wife & I might head out to the piers on Sunday. C'mon Opie...let's go feeshin' huh huh huh...:mug:

Been a while since I brew anything...so was contemplating going BIG on National Homebrew Day. Was thinking of RIS and something else.

I've brewed variations of a Pale recipe for my last 3 brews so should probably mix it up a bit. Any ideas? What's a Springy brew? Saison? IPA?

I'm going to split my brew day. Mash in before tee ball, boil after, chill to hop stand temp, drop hops. Transfer and pitch...way later, after my nephew's birthday party. So I'm brewing all day!

Our club is brewing 50 gal. of a Blonde and everyone had to use a different strain of yeast. I am using the Mexican Lager yeast...First time lagering for me hope I don't F*%& it up

One of the brew shops around here is hosting a competition on Saturday. One category for beer, one for wine, and one for "other" (cider and mead).
Nothing huge (I think about 20 odd beers last year) but it was pretty fun last year. Took home a 2nd place in other and a 3rd place in beer last year, going for gold this time :cool:

Might brew on Sunday to bolster up the pipeline.

I'm making a blonde this weekend. Didn't realize it was homebrew day, but I finally have the time and it's warm enough!

My wife pointed out to me that Avengers 2 is opening today and I should take my son...is it wrong of me to hope he gets in trouble at school today so I don't have to listen to her complain about brewing on National Brew Day tomorrow?

I will be brewing after all. Just a saison, recipe is 50% off, it's an added 4th option for NHBD by my local LHBS.

I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the saison. I was thinking strawberry basil or rosemary orange.

My wife pointed out to me that Avengers 2 is opening today and I should take my son...is it wrong of me to hope he gets in trouble at school today so I don't have to listen to her complain about brewing on National Brew Day tomorrow?

Does your son typically get into trouble in school?
BTW, you can take him Sunday. It'll be less of a **** show too I bet! I know, I sound old...I am.

Earlier this week I changed my planned recipe from a Summer Ale to:

Pain and Misery Ale

1 steroid medpack
4 tubes hydrocortisone
4 bottles Sarna

Poison Ivy from gardening last weekend putting a damper on brew day. To top it off I can't drink with the steroids so enjoying homebrew is out of the question. Even worse is I miss a pretty big annual beer fest that's walking distance from home. Shoot me now.

Going to a homebrew gathering where I think there are 4 brews being made. I'm just helping by bringing food and holding a beer glass.

I'll be there to check out some other systems and toss in some hops.

SWMBO is out of town and I am bringing the kiddos to birthday parties.
So I am going to brew early sunday morning.
trying my hand at a hoppy IPA using
Columbus
Citra
Amarillo
Cascade

Going to a homebrew gathering where I think there are 4 brews being made. I'm just helping by bringing food and holding a beer glass.

I'll be there to check out some other systems and toss in some hops.

the brew club here is doing the same, I am brewing but not dragging all my stuff out to brew in a parking lot

Earlier this week I changed my planned recipe from a Summer Ale to:

Pain and Misery Ale

1 steroid medpack
4 tubes hydrocortisone
4 bottles Sarna

Poison Ivy from gardening last weekend putting a damper on brew day. To top it off I can't drink with the steroids so enjoying homebrew is out of the question. Even worse is I miss a pretty big annual beer fest that's walking distance from home. Shoot me now.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Chris Redfield would it?

I will be brewing after all. Just a saison, recipe is 50% off, it's an added 4th option for NHBD by my local LHBS.

I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the saison. I was thinking strawberry basil or rosemary orange.

Does your son typically get into trouble in school?
BTW, you can take him Sunday. It'll be less of a **** show too I bet! I know, I sound old...I am.

He's 5 and gets in trouble for talking once or twice a week, nothing serious, but my wife takes his talking very serious.

Just finished picking up all of the ingredients for the Extract Honey Blonde that was in the braggot article last week. I was planning on making it sometime in the next week and didn't realize it was National Homebrew Day. I guess I will be making it tomorrow night!!

Yep, brewing my all Amarillo IPA tomorrow. But, I must admit....didn't realize that tomorrow was National Homebrew Day til about an hour ago.

Hoping to have a double brew day tomorrow. I'll be brewing an Arcadia IPA clone and either the Texas Independence Pale Ale or the 1910 Export Ale kits I bought from Austin Home Brew and Northern. Would love to get the pipeline going again.

Yeah, I hear that! Only the kottbusser is left, so I gotta get the brews for book two done while filling the pipeline again. Two for the price of one. The Buckeye Red is up tomorrow. Then maybe fishing at the lake for day two of free fish Ohio weekend! It'll be 70F tomorrow & 75F Sunday, so it should be a decent day's fishing. But momma stuffed the freezer, so two batches of frozen spent grains went into the fridge. Dual purpose day tomorrow, since I'll have to dry the spent German grains to grind into flour as well as brewing & maybe some Mexican hot dogs or Steakhouse Griller burgers in the pit.

My other "kit" came in today, but I forgot I ordered liquid yeast, so I guess it's the Texas pale ale since the starter for it will be ready.

Some grilling sounds nice too. Might have to add that to the homebrewing manifest!

The Homebrewers of Puget Sound are celebrating National Homebrew Day with a 5-brewer session at our meeting site, Tacoma World Beer. I'll be brewing the Killer Kolsch, andother AG brewer is doing the Columbus Pale Ale, and one AG brewer is doing an IPA. Then we have two guys making extract batches, one of them the Barleywine.

My club is having a small get together and I'll be brewing this:

Session IPA with "Brett" Trois (WLP644) (ahem, Sacch)

9 lb 2 row
1 lb Dingemans Biscuit
8 oz Carapils

.5 oz Warrior FWH
.5 oz Citra @ 30 min
1 oz Apollo @ 30 min Hopstand - 180*F
1 oz Citra @ 30 min Hopstand - 180*F
1 oz Pinefruit (exp 5256) @ 30 min Hopstand - 180*F

Mash at 154*F
Ferment at 68*F

Dry hop with 1oz each Apollo, Citra, Pinefruit

Back