peanutbutter cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldstyle69

Reaction score
so...i woke up yesterday. i had a dream that i made a peanut butter cider.

guess i need to get that going. anyone else ever do something like that.

i plan to ferment 4 gal of cider, completely dry. then add a jar or two of PB2 to another gallon and dump that in...

My mouth cannot fathom what that might taste like, but I hope you do it and report back.

I like a PB&J with apple jelly as much as the next person....but this, ummmm, I got nothing. good luck.

yeah, thats what most people have said. its going to have to be sweetend with apple concentrate.

It should probably stay in your dreams. Make some sour cider instead! I made a great one with ECY20 and mussleman's cider. I have a post about it on my blog (signature), But it's basically nice and tart with a lot of pineapple notes from the brett.

Gagging because when we were kids some show had kid recipes and one was cored apples stuffed with peanut butter...we made them and took one bite and chucked them.

My mom found them in the garbage and made us sit there for hours until we finished eating them...

Gagging because when we were kids some show had kid recipes and one was cored apples stuffed with peanut butter...we made them and took one bite and chucked them.

My mom found them in the garbage and made us sit there for hours until we finished eating them...

haha ive only had one bad exp from peanut butter...i was warming some up when i was a kid, in the microwave...burnt the hell out of it, but didnt want to get in trouble so i ate it...was the worst thing ever....

but other than that, i love peanut butter and apples together.

I am very excited about this. A nice granny smith apple with smooth peanut butter... I want it all in my mouth. I hope you go with this... I wanna see where it goes. :D

i now have 5g of fresh cider sitting on some pb2 and another brand of powered peanuts..same as pb2...im gonna let it sit for a week and test it out. also have 5g with a bunch of chai tea bags.

the cider with pb2 is coming close to being done, as far as gravity goes, its went pretty hard with a sweet mead yeast. the one with chai is still going, tho slowy, with nottingham. got a couple more points to drop still.

i used PB2. its pretty much oil free, or as close as you can get to it. im currently back sweetening it. gotta do another taste test tomorrow or day after, get more apple concentrate if needed and add honey. they are just chilling in kegs right now, with 1 frozen can added to each. the peanut flavor comes thru fairly well.

i added a bit to much honey to the peanut butter one. i used 1.5 cups of fresh clover honey. i warmed the honey up and poured it in slowly to the keg, purged with CO2 and shook the sh*t out of them for an hour'ish. its on tap now. tad too sweet as i mentioned, but very drinkable, if only 2 or 3 of them. ive been mixing the chai and the peanut butter one together. my chai is very good and a bit more dry.

so all in all, id go maybe 1 more container of apple concentrate and maybe only .25 to .5 of a cup of honey. id also add another jar of PB2, as the peanut flavor is there, but would be better at this point if i had more of the peanut to go with all that damn honey.

Latest posts

Back