Yeast Bay Brussels Blend Feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingwood-kid

Reaction score
I haven't used that blend, but I read a review that it is very attenuative (I think the beer was taken down to .996) and very funky but I can't recall the specifics of the recipe. Have you checked the yeast bay Brett blends thread in this forum?

I haven't checked my beer in months. I did a munich 2/aramis smash and put Brussels in as an afterthought. Probably 7-8 months ago. Ill try and sample this week

.996 is attenuative indeed. I split my vial between my two soleras and a 1G batch of graff, but it's only been a month, so I have some waiting to do. After a few seconds, staring at sour fermenters is on par with watching paint dry.

I used the Brussels blend and it took my saison down to .996. I pitched at as high krausen was falling. I let it go for 6 months then packaged. I got lots of funk out of it. Kind of musty. I wouldn't really call it barnyard but more "dank" in an non maryjane kind of way. There was some general fruitiness too it but it was mainly a big dominating funk. It was very unique and I don't quite have the vocabulary to describe it because I've never tasting anything like it before.

I used the Brussels blend and it took my saison down to .996. I pitched at as high krausen was falling. I let it go for 6 months then packaged. I got lots of funk out of it. Kind of musty. I wouldn't really call it barnyard but more "dank" in an non maryjane kind of way. There was some general fruitiness too it but it was mainly a big dominating funk. It was very unique and I don't quite have the vocabulary to describe it because I've never tasting anything like it before.

That's a nice description, except I can't tell if you liked it. Although it sounds like maybe you don't know either. Hopefully I will remember to update around Halloween or New Year's, whenever I decide it's ready.

Back