My first Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WGT_59

Reaction score
Worked a little on some plans last night. I found a 7 cu.ft. chest freezer on Craigslist and if I get it before someone else does then I'll start picking up the parts as I can and till I'm ready to start building it, it can serve as a fermentation / cold crash chamber. Anyways here's what I'm thinking and there are several Keezers that are posted on here that served to give me ideas for this but hopefully you'll see something new too.

Oh, these are nothing close to being drawn to scale or even proportioned correctly, they're just ideas I drew out before I forgot them.

Front and side view

Keezer1_zps4onvlhgc.jpg

Side and back view, I'm planning to off set the freezer a bit and put 2 angled shelves in to hold CO2 and Nitrogen(75%)/CO2(25%) tanks. This will allow me to push Beer, Stouts and Wine as well. I didn't put the gauges on here but they'd be mounted to the spacer board and their hoses would enter through the board.

Keezer2_zpslee8cecw.jpg

Front and side view with the lid raised.

Keezer3_zps3uypfmvh.jpg

Thinking this will be pretty easy to build by building a couple of these:

TableLift_zpsaeecnyem.jpg

and then if I need any more space to get in and out of the freezer compartment I can put a simple drawer slide on it to slide the table top out of the way. Like I said just some late night, can't sleep thinking but then great ideas seem to be born out of that sometimes, well and a few brews.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back