Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Requesting a Honey Porter recipe and suggestions/directions
Old 01-20-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Requesting a Honey Porter recipe and suggestions/directions

Hey guys.....I am just about ready to brew up my third batch and was thinking about adding a little more to bite off. I would really like to try my hand at a honey porter. If you guys have a good recipe to share I would love to take a look at it. The previous two batches I've brewed (Blonde Ale, Hefe) both had steeping grains and I like the way those have come out so far but I am just not ready for All Grain so I need a recipe with Extract...either dry or liquid.

Also, I have never brewed with any other ingredients so I'll need some advice on the volume of honey and when it's added to the brew. And, I think I might try a liquid yeast if I grow a set, but please recommend a dry yeast too.

Thanks in advance!

Currently Drinking: Blonde Ale, Hefeweissen, Belgian Wit, Robust Porter

Conditioning: None

Primary Fermenter: British Ale

Secondary Fermenter: Apfelwein

Planning: Light American Ale
Old 01-20-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

This one looks good....