Full selection of 100% Stainless Heating Elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
We've come a long way and now offer five unique configurations of heating elements featuring stainless tubing and screw in bases. No rusting ever!

The 12" foldback 5500 watt element we first stocked was pretty low in watt density but we still had a lot of requests for the ripple style elements. They are now in.

We also had 2000 watt elements that run on 120 volts but some people just don't have access to 20 amp circuits. For this crowd, we brought in two different lengths of 1500 watt elements that can run on 15 amp outlets.

elements page

To be completely clear in case the pictures are not; these element are not polished show pieces. They are heat discolored from the bending process and downright ugly by some standards. Then again, nothing looks as bad as rust.

Are the ripples elements the same physical size as the camco elements?
I notice they are lwd not ulwd. Any concerns with scorching or bag melting issues on an eBIAB system?

They actually have more surface area than the Camco ripples as the bends are more rounded and pronounced. I'm guessing it has about an extra 2 inches of total tube length. I see where I made a copy/paste mistake and called it a LWD but it's basically the same as the Camco give or take. Frankly, I've been boiling HARD with the straight foldback version for several batches with no scorching. I can't imagine the ripple scorching anything.

Hi Bobby,

Quick question, assuming the a kettle has a diameter that works, would the ripple work with a 1.5" triclamp ferrule that's about 1" deep? I've heard of clearance issues where it comes back into the ferrule or touches the side of the pot. I'd love to go ripple if I can, but wanted to check with you before placing an order.

Thanks!

Hey Bobby
I want to make sure this will actually fit in my kettle before I make a purchase. Could you give me the length of the tubing? The measurement from the base of the threads to the tip of the element.

Hey Bobby
I want to make sure this will actually fit in my kettle before I make a purchase. Could you give me the length of the tubing? The measurement from the base of the threads to the tip of the element.

Its already measured out in the picture above? They likely vary a 1/4" or so from element to element like the camcos do....according to the picture above the length in the kettle will be about 14"

Hi Bobby,

Quick question, assuming the a kettle has a diameter that works, would the ripple work with a 1.5" triclamp ferrule that's about 1" deep? I've heard of clearance issues where it comes back into the ferrule or touches the side of the pot. I'd love to go ripple if I can, but wanted to check with you before placing an order.

Thanks!

It's hard to be 100% sure. I know they work on the medium ferrules that measure closure to 7/8" deep but it's close. They absolutely work with the solder on ferrule we kit together with the ETC HOT PODs.

If you don't bang up the element too much, I'll take it back if it doesn't work out.

I found that was touch and go with the Camco elements too. I had some fit and some that just wouldn't. Depends largely on the bends.

Bobby,

Want to say thanks for the 1500W versions, I've been on 2x 1500w elements for awhile now, and they're looking pretty bleh lately so i've been wanting to upgrade and had no desire for 4000w as 3000w full blast boils off perfectly. But when i looked last you didn't have them, but now you do!

I love you... :)

Any idea what stainless alloy? Particularly on the ripple element?

-It looks pretty dark in the picture so I'm secretly hoping that the element itself is incoloy like the camcos as they better resist fouling / are easier to clean than 300 series. (But as you said 300 series is better than rust.)

Adam

I ordered a couple 2000w ones earlier this week, one for my HLT and one for my standalone Heat Exchanger on my HERMS system. The HEX currently has a standard 1500w element, so I'm excited to try a slightly higher wattage. I think this is the first 2000w element I've found that will fit in my very compact HEX (converted Bain Marie pot). HLT already had 2000w but not stainless, so I'm really looking forward to eliminating rust issues in both places.

Bobby,

Any chance you have 4500W ripple or straight SS elements on your roadmap?

I am looking at a solution that has 20A adapters for the elements and the 5500W are kind of pushing it.

Thanks,

Timur

Latest posts

Back