Megapot 1.2 Hole Plug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyBrew

Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has purchased a Megapot 1.2 and decided to plug a hole. Without taking my therm off and measuring I am hoping to find the diameter of the hole, as well as any possible info on where parts were ordered to plug the hole.

Thanks.

Thanks Mainiac, I think that is probably about right. I emailed northern brewer soon after posting this, and they got back to me quickly that the hole is apparently 7/8". So I emailed BobbyM at brewhardware for some advice on different options for plugging it.

Ozzy, did you ever get this sorted out? I've got the 15gal Megapot 1.2 from Northern Brewer and recently purchased a giant mesh bag for BIAB. I need to remove the thermometer in my kettle to make sure the bag doesn't rip so am also in the market for some kind of plug.

fwiw, 1/2" threaded fittings generally want a 13/16" diameter hole. 7/8" will work but will be a bit sloppy.
Bobby at brewhardware.com sells a hole plug that works for either diameter, I used one on my 20g HLT (13/16"d hole).
iirc he noted if the hole is 7/8"d to use a flat silicone gasket instead of an O-ring as the latter can be pulled through the hole...

Cheers!

Back