Mid Hudson Valley, CT Round#10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
This buy is OPEN

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (Wappingers, NY).
3. Paypal will be used. you must send payment as a "personal payment" so no fees are assessed. if you send the payment incorrectly and i have to pay fees, you will be responsible for reimbursing me.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me, there will be an additional fee for any payment other than paypal. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to a retail location Wappingers, NY open 7 days a week for easy pickup.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. in the past we were able to get sacks as far east as Hartford, CT and as far west as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

Pricing should be similar to past buys:
Best Malts (Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, Wheat) ~$48
Great Western (2row, Pale, etc) $35-40
Briess - Varies
Maris Otter / Golden Promise ~$55-56
others available.

TOTAL SACKS: 42
GRIDIRONBREWER: 8 Sacks 1xBZ-MUNH, 1xBZ-PILS, 1xBZ-WHEA, 1xBZ-VIEN, 2xGW-PALE, 1xTF-MOPA, 1xTF-GPRM
MOJZIS: 3 Sacks 2xGW-PALE, 1xBreiss Pils
JBELLET: 4 Sacks 1-GW-2ROW, 2-TF-MOPA, 1-GW-WHEA
TCBAILEY: 1 Sack 1-CaramunichII(franco belges)
UPNYBREW: 2 Sacks 1-GW-2Row, 1BZ-PILS
K47K: 4 Sacks TBD
DAVEDABREWER: 3 Sacks 1xTF-MOPA, 1xCM-SPIL, 1xCM-2ROW ALBANY
STONERSPUB: 3 Sacks 2xGW-2ROW, 1xTF-MOPA ALBANY
BUSSTOPBREWER: 4 Sacks 1xGW-PALE, 1x BZ-MUHN, 2xBZ-PILS
DJMITCHE: 4 Sacks 1xCM‐SPIL, 1xBM-5353, 1xBZ-DMUN, 1x50PBW ALBANY
UHHYEABREW: 4 Sacks Canada munich x1, Canada 2row x1, Thomas Fawcett marris otter x1, thomas fawcett oat malt x1 ALBANY
GOLFINGDIVER72: 2 Sacks 1xGW-PALE, 1x50PBW

Best Malts (Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, Wheat) ~$48 One of each
Great Western (2row, Pale, etc) $35-40 Two pale
Maris Otter / Golden Promise ~$55-56 One of each

I dont, the prices usually change for each order based on negotiated discount and fuel surcharges (should be low now) if theres something specific your interested in i can get you a ballpark.

chemicals, yes.

i believe Starsan comes in a case of 4 1 gallon jugs and may require hazmat fees.

PBW comes in 50lb pails- no extra fees.

I'll take:

(2) Great Western - Pale
(1) Great Western or Breiss - Pilsner (whichever is cheaper)

Can we do a split of star San and pbw, or do we have to take the whole enchilada?

I am unable to manage the splits. That being said you are free to manage the splits privately. One person will need to order / pay for the item and then arrange the split / individual payments with others.

And if anyone wants to split star San and/or pbw let me know. I can order it and split it with you.

3 Sacks 2-GW-2ROW, 1-TF-MOPA
(2 great western 2row, 1 marris otter, hope I got the codes right)
I am with the Albany Brew Club.
Thanks,
Lyle.

pilsen CM‐SPIL
Vienna - BM-5353
Dark Munich - BZ-DMUN
50lb PBW (willing to split 50/50, or happy to take the whole thing too)

This order is also for the Albany group

I found some guys who would want to split star san and pbw with me, any idea on cost of those?

$175 = 50lb PBW
$60 = 1 Gallon Starsan

looks like the the starsan comes in 1 gallons. these are guesses, the starsan requires hazmat fees and im not sure how much those are. both items require sales tax. Ill work on getting some firm figures but it shoudl be close to what i posted above.

we have 36 sacks so far, 6 sacks available on this buy.

Canada munich x1, Canada 2row x1, Thomas Fawcett marris otter x1, thomas fawcett oat malt x1 (Albany)

Thanks

Hm, my order's for a barrel brew that's anticipating going into the barrel mid-April. Is this buy likely to wrap up early enough to get that brewed (so, mid-March latest?)

If there's still room on this order I would like to add:

1-Great Western Pale Malt and
1-50lb pail of PBW

Thanks!

The Buy is now tentatively CLOSED

NEXT STEP:
1. Go to the first post in the thread and validate your order
2. email me (joshadmin at optonline dot net) the following:
a. Your full name and homebrew talk screen name.
b. your phone number
c. full name and phone number of the person who will be picking up your order.
d. confirmation your order is correct. changes are ok but theres no opportunity to ADD unless someone backs out.

3. i will reply to you with your total.
4. you will send paypal (as a personal transfer) to the email listed above
5. once i have all payments ill place the order and it will be delivered a few days after.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN A TIMELY FASHION SO WE CAN GET THIS ORDER PLACE, DELIVERED AND CLOSED OUT!

ORDERS:
GRIDIRONBREWER: 8 Sacks 1xBZ-MUNH, 1xBZ-PILS, 1xBZ-WHEA, 1xBZ-VIEN, 2xGW-PALE, 1xTF-MOPA, 1xTF-GPRM
MOJZIS: 3 Sacks 2xGW-PALE, 1xBreiss Pils
JBELLET: 4 Sacks 1-GW-2ROW, 2-TF-MOPA, 1-GW-WHEA
UPNYBREW: 2 Sacks 1-GW-2Row, 1BZ-PILS
K47K: 4 Sacks TBD
DAVEDABREWER: 3 Sacks 1xTF-MOPA, 1xCM-SPIL, 1xCM-2ROW ALBANY
DJMITCHE: 4 Sacks 1xCM‐SPIL, 1xBM-5353, 1xBZ-DMUN, 1x50PBW ALBANY
UHHYEABREW: 4 Sacks Canada munich x1, Canada 2row x1, Thomas Fawcett marris otter x1, thomas fawcett oat malt x1 ALBANY
GOLFINGDIVER72: 2 Sacks 1xGW-PALE, 1x50PBW

I will email today after work. Just saw the update. Any hard and fast numbers on star san?

I will email today after work. Just saw the update. Any hard and fast numbers on star san?

I hope to have that information today, that being said im not sure there is room on the pallet, they are pretty strict about how much fit.

The Buy is now CLOSED

NEXT STEP:
1. Go to the first post in the thread and validate your order
2. email me (joshadmin at optonline dot net) the following:
a. Your full name and homebrew talk screen name.
b. your phone number
c. full name and phone number of the person who will be picking up your order.
d. confirmation your order is correct. changes are ok but theres no opportunity to ADD unless someone backs out.

3. i will reply to you with your total.
4. you will send paypal (as a personal transfer) to the email listed above
5. once i have all payments ill place the order and it will be delivered a few days after.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN A TIMELY FASHION SO WE CAN GET THIS ORDER PLACE, DELIVERED AND CLOSED OUT!

ORDERS:

VVVVVVVVVVV...PAID...VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
PAIDGOLFINGDIVER72: 2 Sacks 1xGW-PALE, 1x50PBW
PAIDK47K: 4 Sacks TBD
PAIDMOJZIS: 3 Sacks 2xGW-PALE, 1xBreiss Pils
PAIDJBELLET: 4 Sacks 1-GW-2ROW, 2-TF-MOPA, 1-GW-WHEADJMITCHE:[/B] 4 Sacks 1xCM‐SPIL, 1xBM-5353, 1xBZ-DMUN, 1x50PBW ALBANY
PAIDUPNYBREW: 2 Sacks 1-GW-2Row, 1BZ-PILS
PAIDDAVEDABREWER: 3 Sacks 1xTF-MOPA, 1xCM-SPIL, 1xCM-2ROW ALBANY

No response from TCBAILEY so there is a sack of caramunich II up for grabs. if you are interested in the sack or a few lbs let me know.

Apologies, I was out of the country and catching up. payment transferred.

Thanks, we are good to go. we should see grain by the middle of next week. for the Albany guys, if you plan on attending the competition let me know and i can get the grain brought there if its easier for you all.

Grain is ready for pickup, you all should have received an email from me with pickup location / instructions. if you did not email me and ill give you the details.

Back