Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Looking for an Extract/Mini Mash conversion

Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Jonnio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Looking for an Extract/Mini Mash conversion

Could someone that has the knowledge and/or software help me by converting Orfy's Boddington's recipe to either Extract or Mini Mash? I don't have the equipment to do an all grain yet, but I am really looking for a good English Pub replica.

Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
cronxitawney
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I cannot pretend to have much knowledge on the subject, but you can replace the pale malt with a pale LME. From what I have read, the ratio is 1 lb grain = .75 LME. I believe Orfy's recipe calls for 3.3 KG of pale malt, which is approx. 7.26 lbs. Which would mean 7.26 * .75 = 5.45 lbs of liquid malt extract. The rest of the recipe consists of specialty malts, so those would still need to be mashed or steeped. I have only done 2 batches so far, so what I say may not be the best advice. Good luck anyway.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the response. I am looking at building the setup in the partial mash thread anyway, so this might be a good beer to try that with.
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...