Wurstfest Sponsored Homebrew Competition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairecunn83

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, New Braunfels, TX is home to Wurstfest, one of the largest beer and sausage celebrations in the US. They just announced their first ever craft beer festival and homebrew competition being held May 9th!

Should be a fun time, for sure, and a heads-up for all you who enjoy entering competitions :tank: The weather should be beautiful, the rivers flowing, and the party happening.

Check it out via their FB page. I can't find anything on it outside of FB at this point...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wurstfest/114624325261309?fref=nf

It'll be a good time, for sure! I'm guessing they'll hold it on the Wurst Fest grounds? I'm too green to enter a competition...but I looooooooove me some day time drankin'!

I had four entries in this competition but just got an email that said they had to cancel it due to "two or more violations of TABC code." I'm pretty disappointed to say the least...

I had four entries in this competition but just got an email that said they had to cancel it due to "two or more violations of TABC code." I'm pretty disappointed to say the least...

I never got any such email, but now it looks like they've removed any references to the homebrew competition from the Wurstfest Website as well as from their facebook page. I had the entrant login page saved on my favorites tab, and the page is now defunct. :mad:

Well, this sucks. I guess that's more beer for me, then. I brewed three beers specifically for this event. :(

Wurstfest has learned hosting the Homebrew Competition promoted in conjunction with the Craft Beer Festival taking place May 9 would violate two or more sections of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Code. As a result, the home brew competition has been cancelled.
We know you have worked hard to brew up your best and been looking forward to the excitement that comes with competition. We, too, are disappointed. We hop in spite of this unexpected change you will still come and enjoy the Craft Beer Festival. However, if you purchased tickets in advance and because of the change will not attend, please contact me to arrange for a ticket refund.

buh

Latest posts

Back