NHC 2015 - Registration Open

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
Registration for the 2015 AHA NHC is open here:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.o...homebrew-competition/competition-information/

Centers & Judging Dates:

- Austin - 3/13
- Nashville - 3/20
- Seattle - 3/27
- Sacramento - 3/27
- St. Louis - 3/27
- NYC - 3/28
- San Diego - 4/10
- Denver - 4/10
- Chicago - 4/10
- Zanesville - 4/10
- Philly - 4/10
- St. Paul - 4/10

Shipping Due Date: 3/11

Any recommendations for judging centers? I will not send my beer to Nashville after the BS they pulled last year.

Good luck everyone!

Remind me, what did Nashville pull last year?
Perhaps try Austin?

They had a judging date for their regional to be done over one weekend. A couple weeks after that regional was supposed to have been over their club posted a Facebook message calling for judges, even those new or without experience, to help them finish. Frankly, with the cost of each entry and shipping it was ridiculous. I put that in my post-NHC survey last year but guess they didn't listen.

Oh that's right. That's insane.
I put down Nashville and it reverted to Colorado. I changed to Chicago and it changed to California. I cannot get it to show my pick even though it is all right on screen prior to hitting submit.

Others having problems with primary sites? I pick one on the registration and a totally different one shows up on the confirmation page. Sent an e-mail, but did not hear back.

*looks like everyone is having the same issue.

I'm not entering- I don't get home from Texas until the end of March- but I may try to judge in St. Paul on 4/10. Then I will judge the final round in San Diego.

Unless, @Pappers_ he wants to judge in Chicago, and and wants to invite me!:D

Judging a first round site would be pretty cool. Sadly the closest is a 8+ hour drive. If they ever organized one in the Carolinas or Virginia I'd try to make out for it.

Well, at least it isn't like the Old'n days where the competition would already be full, the website would be crashed and we would all be losing our minds:) I am sure they will get the bug worked out and all will be fine at some point.

Others having problems with primary sites? I pick one on the registration and a totally different one shows up on the confirmation page. Sent an e-mail, but did not hear back.

*looks like everyone is having the same issue.

Is the one that shows up the site you sent to last year?

Judging a first round site would be pretty cool. Sadly the closest is a 8+ hour drive. If they ever organized one in the Carolinas or Virginia I'd try to make out for it.
Austin is about a 7.5 hour drive for me, but I've known Neil for a few years and took my first tasting exam in Austin, so I'd help him out any time I could. I just have horrible luck with first round scheduling apparently. Last year, it was scheduled for the weekend we were on a cruise. This year I bought myself a ticket to Huna Day for my birthday and it gets scheduled then. lol Well, at least I judged final round last year and hopefully get in this year as well.

Well, at least it isn't like the Old'n days where the competition would already be full, the website would be crashed and we would all be losing our minds:) I am sure they will get the bug worked out and all will be fine at some point.
They sent me a confirmation for every time I tried to edit it as well. Hopefully they work it out today.

Oh, yes, me too! That's why I try to, well, invite myself to where I have friends so the cost isn't so bad (just gas and meals). :D

Hmm that was once again frustrating. When you select a drop off location it reports a different location on your confirmation screen. When I go back into the registration it shows the correct location, but the email says another location... :drunk:

I'm not entering- I don't get home from Texas until the end of March- but I may try to judge in St. Paul on 4/10. Then I will judge the final round in San Diego.

Unless, @Pappers_ he wants to judge in Chicago, and and wants to invite me!:D

I'm sure I'll be judging in Chicago, @Yooper In the new apartment, we have a den/familyroom that doubles as a guest room and you are welcome to stay there.

Looks like they fixed the issue.
Yeah. Just got this . . .

Hello,

Our apologies for the NHC Registration error.

The problem has now been resolved. Try logging back in and you should be able to edit your desired judging center without it defaulting to a different one.

Let us know if you run into any further issues!

Cheers,

Jennie Olson

I hope they're sending this out to everyone who entered, not just people who caught the mistake and emailed them.

I'm sure I'll be judging in Chicago, @Yooper In the new apartment, we have a den/familyroom that doubles as a guest room and you are welcome to stay there.

You and Nancy are awesome! :ban:

Right now, I'm trying to convince Bob to stay in Tx until the end of March (the weather is is greatly preferable to at home in mid-March!) but if he doesn't go for it, we should be home around March 17 and I could come to Chicago in April. I'll let you know ASAP!

Got my confirmation in! Didn't have a problem with the location changing, so I guess they resolved it. I'm entering a bo pils and a ger pils and it will be the first year entering NHC for me and first year judging it.

This is my first NHC and I'm closest to Nashville. Was it bad enough last year there that I should ship further away?

Got my first choice too, Ohio. Last year we were able to drop off in April, this year it looks like it must be dropped on March 11th for an April Judging.

Entering IIPA,IPA,APA, Strong Scotch Ale (I'll never learn my lesson) :)

I got my email but now I'm concerned that one of my beers is "out of style". I stuck it under 23a, it's an india red ale. So not really an IPA and not really an irish red.

We have an 800 entry competition, War of the Worts, coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm going to wait until after seeing those score sheets to make a final decision on what to put into NHC.

Although if they say that all my beers suck, then what do I do? :p

Back