Jarrylo Hops in Stock! Farmhouse Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend these for an English-ish pale ale. I split a 6 gallon batch of 1.050 wort bittered to 16 IBU with 30g of EKG. At flameout, 3 gallons was racked hot into a 5 gallon bucket with 30g of Jarrylo and 10g EKG in a mesh bag and set outside in the Wisconsin winter to chill overnight. I removed the hops in the morning and pitched with WLP007 and later dry hopped with 30g more of Jarrylo along with 10g of EKG. Result wasn't over the top hoppy, yet a pleasant pale ale more to the English side of the style. Grist was Maris Otter base with 5% Victory, 5% Caramel 20-25, 5% Golden Naked Oats and 2% Caramel 80.

The other half got the same treatment, except Mandarina Bavaria hops were used in combination with EKG instead of Jarrylo and Notty yeast was pitched. These were done as over-sized starters for a Russian Imperial Stout and to get acquainted with 2 new hops.

Back