Old 01-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Fl
Liked 46 Times on 20 Posts

Something I've been using to marinade my poultry in lately and seems to be recieved well. So Ill share.

Mix 3 parts Dale's marinade to one part 'Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce'. It is catsup red in a clear bottle with a green twist top, usually found in ethnic foods. It fills out the flavor of the Dales and adds just a little twang.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
Brakeman_Brewing
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I use the Sriracha with the red cap for EVERYTHING. Especially mediocre or plain jane chicken and pastas.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Melbourne, Fl
Liked 46 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_stimey
I use the Sriracha with the red cap for EVERYTHING. Especially mediocre or plain jane chicken and pastas.
I've never seen it with a red cap? Is there a difference? The stuff is GOOD! Potent too, if you're not into hot food it is easy to over do it.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Brakeman_Brewing
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Supposedly the red cap is the "Super Hot" and instead of the chicken its got a "flying goose" on it. I never thought of why or what the differences are, but the wiki on the subject is alright, though it doesnt show the red cap version.

Its been a while since Ive had a bottle of green cap AND red cap on hand so I cant tell you what the distinct differences are, although I gotta say the red cap isnt much hotter.