Probably not enough. I used the "shake the helles out of it" method after I put it in the carboy. Since the carboy only had four gallons in it, there was a lot of air in the top of the carboy when I did that. I bet I shook it for ten minutes straight, too. But I don't have an O2 tank yet, so that wasn't an option.
Did you add yeast nutrient?
Definitely added yeast nutrient. Also, I couldn't get enough whole leaf NB to create a good filter bed on my false bottom, so quite a bit of the break made it into the fermenter. I think the yeast should have plenty of nutrients assuming they have enough O2 and the alcohol doesn't kill them off.
From all accounts, one of the three yeasts in WL575 is pretty alcohol tolerant, so that might be the one that is still chugging away now. Other than being yeasty, warm and flat, the beer tastes pretty good for being a high alcohol beer that is still very green.
I think the big learning for me on this batch is don't add nine pounds of fermentables to a fermenter already at high krausen!
Next time I'll add three pounds every day or two.
I think I'll take the RDWHAHB approach and leave-her-be for now. But that means I'll have to go buy another carboy for the second half of my batch today.