BrewHardware.com Cooler Mash Tuns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Immediately available:

MashTunCoolerFB1-2.jpg

This 10 gallon mash tun is ready to go right out of the box. It can be used for 5 or 10 gallon all grain batch brewing. It can be used with the batch sparging OR continuous "fly" sparge technique.
We start with a typical 10 gallon Igloo Beverage cooler, but the conversion parts we add to it are anything but typical. This is important to note because you will find turnkey cooler mash tuns for a cheaper price but we promise you get what you pay for and we'll explain why.

We don't skimp on the valve. We only use stainless steel full flow ball valves, not brass.
The bulkhead we use is our "TrueBulkBarb" which was designed from scratch and machined out of a solid piece of stainless hex stock to be leak free from day one. Every other bulkhead sold by our competition simply assembled from a bunch of off the shelf parts which are bulkier, harder to clean, and often leak badly until you add half a roll of teflon tape. Our bulkheads are pre-installed into the cooler, but the specific design allows you to take it apart and re-install whenever you want without hassle or leaks.

MashTunCoolerFB1-3T.jpg

MashTunCoolerFB1-4T.jpg

The barbed elbow connector we use to attach the false bottom to the bulkhead drain has an inside cross sectional area that is 400% larger than all of the competitor products out there. When domed false bottoms first came onto the market, it included an 90 degree elbow barb where the barb's inside diameter was only a quarter inch (6mm). Everyone just accepted it and suffered through stuck sparges eventually giving domed false bottoms a bad reputation. We have brewed several batches using our high flow components in this exact cooler and have never had a stuck sparge.
Ok, you believe the hype.. let's summarize what you get.

10 Gallon Igloo Cooler with press fit lid.
12" Domed and perforated stainless steel false bottom with high flow elbow barb connector.
6" piece of 1/2" ID high temp silicone tubing
Stainless bulkhead with interior barb using the "True Bulkhead" design. Seals are FDA silicone. (model truebulkbarb)
2-Piece Full Flow Stainless Ball Valve (you may upgrade this valve to a 3pc design for a small upcharge, see accessories list)
Choice of a hose barb or Camlock Type F for the output of your ball valve.

Hi Guys,

Will you be selling the false bottom and bulkhead connection separately. I already own several ball valves I can use and camlock connections. Your company has really become our go to for parts. Matter of fact I have some arriving today! Got to plumb up the SS Chugger pump my wife just purchased for me through you! Love your company.

Last edited:
Back