Insane motorcycle ride - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Insane motorcycle ride

Old 01-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not a motorcycle driver myself, but my friend is a pretty decent driver and I recall him showing me this vid several years ago when it was first released. Today after work I stopped by for a couple beers (sometimes time diference can be a wonderful thing -I'm at pint #3 allready ) and as it happens we watched a few clips from the DVD again.

Now, even though every cell in my body is telling me that this is absolutely wrong, a text book display of total lack of judgement and that it is seriously jeopadising the lives of innocent people, I can't deny I get a really good rush just from watching this clip (actually just hearing the motor rev gets the adrenaline going).

The only damper is the incredibly cheesy intro with the redicilously bad Swedish accent and that it gets kind of boring after about 5 minutes or so. Thanks to YouTube's total lack of respect of immaterial rights the clip can be viewed here:

So, do you guys get excited or do you get mad at the incredibly bad judgement(maybe this should really be a vote?).

H

Old 01-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Future Darwin Award nominee I think. Hopefully he doesn't take anyone with him. When I see stuff like that, I think "What an *******".

Old 01-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Jun 2007
The "Ville"
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

It is amazing, but I too kinda wish that the rider would end up in the hospital as close to death as possible without actually dying, so that they learn not to do stupid sh*t like that.

No one would see him in the rear view going that fast. If someone had changed lanes at the wrong moment he would have been a long red stripe. (not the beer)
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 01-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Evets

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Liked 232 Times on 103 Posts

This is what "stupid" is named after. They'll be peeling his sorry carcass off a bridge abutment someday.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Honolulu, HI
Liked 73 Times on 46 Posts

Yeah, I've seen that before. Dude it clearly insane!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
e lo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2007
College Park, GA
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ghostrider is an incredibly, incredibly talented rider on a very high-performance machine. He's also fantastically stupid. Rumor has it that he's a bored racer, and I'd buy it. But Jeebus, he's a dumb squidly a-hole, putting many, many drivers at risk, and he gives us law-abiding sportbike riders a bad name.

That vid does make me damn anxious for spring to get my bike back to the track, though...

Old 01-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
superfluent
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e lo
Ghostrider is an incredibly, incredibly talented rider on a very high-performance machine. He's also fantastically stupid. Rumor has it that he's a bored racer, and I'd buy it. But Jeebus, he's a dumb squidly a-hole, putting many, many drivers at risk, and he gives us law-abiding sportbike riders a bad name.

That vid does make me damn anxious for spring to get my bike back to the track, though...
Yes, the clip obviously has that effect on many motorcycle drivers. I had to tag along down to the garage and watch my friend start his bike (a pretty seriously modified aprillia). Just starting the damn thing put of several car alarms in the garage. I bet he's pretty anxious too...

H

Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

There is good news and bad news.

The good news:

1. The way he is riding, if/when he splats, he will most likely cause the most damage to himself.

2. He is wearing all the gear.

3. He is skilled and displaying better behavior than those GD squids who block traffic on major interstates so they can "stunt".

The bad news:

1. An innocent bystander might get hurt, maybe seriously, if he makes a poor choice on any one of thousands of split-second decisions.

2. This type of behavior makes people mad. Really, really mad. So mad sometimes that they make special laws that end up including all motorcyclists. Like confiscation of bikes at the drop of a hat, that kind of thing. And then that makes ME mad.

3. Idiots will try to mimic his endeavor.

As a rider of a sportbike, I respect his skills. I just don't agree with how he chooses to exhibit them.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
e lo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2007
College Park, GA
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
As a rider of a sportbike, I respect his skills. I just don't agree with how he chooses to exhibit them.
Well said.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
quickerNu

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Harker Heights, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow. That would be absolutely exhausting! As a guy who got into sportbikes at 19 about the time Las Vegas Extremes got hot, I'm glad my balls shrinking/ brain growing ratio slowed me down before I got that crazy! Imagine doing it though.......