• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Apple Scion Wood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spirit10

Reaction score
Anybody out there want to swap apple scion wood ?
I have Golden Delicious, Stamen, Macintosh and one unknown variety apple and some semi dwarf rootstock. The rootstock will produce a tree around 15x15 or larger if you let it go.This is the same root stock used for trees grown in most commercial orchards these days and it seems to do well in heavier soils. I am in Pa . Below is a picture of the Stamen tree with apples on it and some apples in the crates before being pressed into cider. The apples in the bushel crate is the unknown variety I have and you can see the size is L TO XL

IMG_0174.jpg

I'd like to see this thread get some traffic. I don't need any of those, but I could offer up the following assuming we don't have a horridly cold winter which takes any of them out.

Arshmeads Kernal
Blenheim Orange
Esopus Spitzenburg
Grimes Golden
Kingston Black
Major
Hewe's Crab
Roxbury Russet
Muscadet de Dieppe
Yarlington Mill

If someone was local to SE Wisconsin I could part with 1 year Arshmeads Kernal, Esopus Spitzenburg or Blenheim Orange trees I grafted on G16 last year. I'd want something in trade for those though, because otherwise I'll use the rootstocks again and graft some new scion wood I've ordered onto them.

I have scion wood coming for Dabinet, Reine des Hatives, Breakwell Seedling, Brown Thorn (Argile Gris), and Golden Russet. I ordered 2 sticks each, but I probably only need 1 even if I wanted more than 1 graft. I could trade the others otherwise I'll just graft them onto an old tree for safe keeping.

Back