What's Goin on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looked like that before I even pinched the yeast yesterday so I don't think it's from fermentation.

IT'S RUINED!!....let me take it off your hands for you. I'll do with it what needs to be done ;) ;)

Seriously. Put a t-shirt over that guy so you don't see it. if you're certain your cleanliness is superb, I'm convinced your beer will be too.

Ok cool. I've seen it before just not this much. It was like that since I started the wort chilling. I'm not concerned about cleaning the system is brand new and I cleaned the crap out of everything before I started. Cause there was oil and stuff from drilling so I really had to scrub and sanitize a lot. I guess I'll just let It ride and see what happens.

Is it possible that you got better hot- and/or coldbreaks on your new system? Seems like that might explain the increase in what appears to be proteins. Do you filter or whirlpool between boil kettle and fermenter?

And this is why I like using buckets. I don't get stressed about watching the beginning of fermentation. As was mentioned, it's hot break and yeast dancing around. RDWAHAHB!:)

All that you are seeing is cold break proteins that have clumped together, your yeast will get happy and they will break that up. Once the yeast are done, it should all settle to the bottom of your carboy.

I see nothing to worry about.

Enjoy

Thanks guys the beer is looking normal now and has fermented great. I was just a little worried there for a little. I've seen the cold break before just not that much. Thanks again for the info.

Back