Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > Keg and Cooler conversion for first AG

Old 01-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
WhoAmI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Keg and Cooler conversion for first AG

I want to do my first AG batch this weekend. I bought a keg today from a scrapyard, and wish to turn it into a brew kettle. I am about to go cut the top off, and I know I need a valve on it, but I don't know exactly how to construct the valve for it, and also how to construct the valve for the cooler conversion. Could someone post a parts list for both or just general ideas of what I will need for both the cooler and keg? (and I am wanting to go weldless, and am planning on putting both together tomorrow, so a kit won't work). Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

WhoAmI

Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI
I want to do my first AG batch this weekend. I bought a keg today from a scrapyard, and wish to turn it into a brew kettle. I am about to go cut the top off, and I know I need a valve on it, but I don't know exactly how to construct the valve for it, and also how to construct the valve for the cooler conversion. Could someone post a parts list for both or just general ideas of what I will need for both the cooler and keg? (and I am wanting to go weldless, and am planning on putting both together tomorrow, so a kit won't work). Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

WhoAmI
I assume you want to batch sparge. If so, this is how I do it: http://hbd.org/cascade/dennybrew/

I do not have any good links for you on the weldles fittings.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 AM   #3
WhoAmI
Recipes 

I am going to batch sparge the first time, but do want to be able to fly sparge as well. I actually have the manifold designed, it's the actual valves to both keg and cooler I'm not sure of. That page is very useful though, thanks!

Old 01-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
RockfordWhite
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Weldless fittings...

http://www.greatbargain.net/order/shop1.html