In most cases, unless you have a significant ramp up in alcohol it is very hard to get rid of a mold once it gets a foothold. Not saying you have mold, but it could be. Let it run the course of fermentation using the apple wine guidlines and then let it clear and see. Chances are it may be fine, you see some really wierd things when fermenting! Something is fermenting your sugar, the question is what?
There are a few possibilities here. However, If it is indeed chugging along fermenting my guess is that your yeast are working. Most unwanted bugs that can ferment usually tend to do so less vigorously in part because they are no where near the amount of what you get when you pitch a pack of yeast as it has the proper cell count for a 5 gallon batch.
So is it under airlock, and if so is it actively bubbling away? I'd leave it go then and see. I have not heard of anyone getting sick from an 'infected' batch of beer/etc once fermentation is complete
as the alcohol levels and pH drop are usually sufficient to deter most things (other than those with an affinity to those conditions...like acetobacter, which makes acetic acid or vinegar) which are not to the best of my knowledge harmful.
Actually, I made a batch of 'fermented' whole green tomatoes this year of my own design. Late on, the thing grew a layer of pink and white mold (looked like good-n-plenty
). So, I took out the tomatoes, rinsed them, strained the brine solution and then repacked and into the fridge. I have been eating them since, quite tasty
. My point being is there are a plethora of molds out there that are in no way harmful to us. The list of which goes on and on and on....