Dumb Politicians

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I don't have to hear what you said.."
"I didn't read the legislation..."

Dumb. Or self-rightously and egomaniacally arrogant if you're going to be charitable.

My Dad was in politics for 20 years. As a result, I tend to stay up on politics. Even watching my state legislature in action. (Just like the audio from that youtube video) What you are not getting/understanding, is that most of these politicians are not dumb. They are smart, smart enough to know that when you oppose a member of the opposite party, you say ANYTHING on the floor to oppose them. true or not. The politicians can only be censured for what is said on the floor. There is no doubt that hard liqueur is 40% + and beer is under 6% in AL. Do you really think they don't get it? don't know the facts?

Politics is about what I will do for you, if you do this for me. They don't give a rat's ass about the bills or what's in em.

It is interesting for them to reason that they are voting against "gourmet" beer to save lives and turn around and preach "personal responsibility" or "guns don't kill people, people kill people" when talking about semi-automatic rifles.

I believe Alabama was (is? did?) trying to ban the sale of kegs of beer of over 5 gallons to individuals.

Chris_Dog said:
Georgia has some pretty strong blue laws too. (I lived there 32 years).

They just upped the beer ABV restrictions. I am not sure if there are any ABV limits any more, but you still can't buy on Sundays.

There was a dry county (Forsyth) just north of Atl. until 1986 or so. Now it seems like part of the metro but back then it was country. I remember going to the bootlegger to get beer for the game.

I particularly enjoyed the attempt at correlating "gourmet beer" and drunk driving (with the supporting facts in text), as well as the biblical argument (separation of church and state?!?!).

All through the bible belt the separation of church and state is most time non-existent (or thin at least). Especially in smaller towns.

To my knowledge the separation of church & state came from a list of suggestions from George Washington. The list also stated that we should have no foreign policy. I don't think that appears anywhere in the constitution. (I am not an expert on the constitution though and could be wrong).

Actually the strongest beer is 33% it is called Vetters and I had it in Heidelburg, Germany. Tasted like crap but I have the stein to prove it.

beeraggie said:
Actually the strongest beer is 33% it is called Vetters and I had it in Heidelburg, Germany. Tasted like crap but I have the stein to prove it.

The strongest beer is Sam Adams Utopias weighing in around 25% abv.

Vetters is 13.2% abv according to Beer Advocate.

It would be practically impossible for yeast to ferment a beverage up to 33%.

*sets aside the name "Richard Laird" for first barleywine*

This is so retarded, my head is about to explode.

"40% of the deaths in this state are caused by gourmet beer."

God almighty, what morons. Makes me want to beat those two to death with a WWS bottle. :D

Back