Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Brewers tend to be cooks
Old 01-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yet another professional chiming in here, school trained and still a slave to the stove. I got into brewing mostly because it was a source of good beer and a chance to collect recipes for something that not food. Drink recipes are boring. Plus how can you have a great summer BBQ without custom tailoring a beer for it?
Originally Posted by orfy
I always get asked why I'm not in the trade or don't open a restaurant.

I don't have the drive or the $$$$$$$$
Orfy next time someone tells you that, kick them in the shins, steal their wallet, and go kiss your wife.

See My Profile for Current Brews

My 3/4 Ton Brewstand "Build"

The Belgian Lady Brewery
Old 01-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #42
Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Originally Posted by adx
I'm the cook in this house. SWMBO and myself have a simple deal: I cook, she cleans.
Now if i could just eat less of the stuff I cook

Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #43
Tastes like butterdirt
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, I am the cook of the house too. Pretty much everything I make is good, and I have been told that numerous times "this ____ is the best ___ I've ever had". I am far from gourmet, but the stuff I make is pretty good. Like some other though, I am not a baker, never really figured that out. SWMBO has that down though.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #44

'Nother former restaurant guy here. Managed all aspects of a restaurant at one point or another. But one of my favorites was running the kitchen. I love to cook and cook at least half the meals around the house. SWMBO tries and is getting better, but if we have company coming over, it's my skills that come to play. Brewing is just an extension of that creativity I get from cooking. I just got tired of the long hours the restaurant biz had.
Drinking on the keg: BPA, Brown Ale, Dry Mead, Wee Heavy aged on Oak, CAP
Drinking in the Bottle:
Old 01-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #45
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I love to cook. I like to try new things and experiment with recipes and tailor them to my liking. I do most of the cooking around the house, too. I'm not much into sweets, so I don't do much baking, but I would love to get into making bread and such. SWMBO is a decent cook, too, but I like to cook so I usually do most of it.

I like to eat, too, and drink good beer whilst I am cooking, so I probably consume more calories than I should, lol.

Once I get a house with a bigger kitchen and a shed in the back (soon, hopefully!), there will be much good cooking and brewing going on!