Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Better Bottles vs. glass carboys

Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #51
Beau815
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not sure about them PET bottles on the above site. I mean they are 20 bucks cheaper than BB's so im guessing the right lids are hard to find and regular ones dont fit or maybe the plastic is alot cheaper than BB's. Somethings up right? BB's are made from something more durable or thicker? Any ideas?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #52
jpc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau815 View Post
Not sure about them PET bottles on the above site. I mean they are 20 bucks cheaper than BB's so im guessing the right lids are hard to find and regular ones dont fit or maybe the plastic is alot cheaper than BB's. Somethings up right? BB's are made from something more durable or thicker? Any ideas?
$20 cheaper than Better Bottles? Does that mean you can get them for $4 a piece?

Yo soy confusedo.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #53
maztec
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I prefer glass, for the reasons stated earlier - chemicals/cleaning/clearness/etc. I am not a fan of plastic.

That, and my cousin had a set of BB's that didn't do so well in a hot truck bed while being moved from one location to another. On the other hand, the glass ones were fine.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #54
beergutz
Recipes 

Default Better Bottles Break with TIME

After 1 + years they start to wear down. I have had 3 break from normal handling in the past 4 months. They tend to flex while being lifted and moved even when you are careful. This causes the bottoms to crack and well your out a bottle and what ever is in it. I am not sure if the milk create thing will work. I am going to give that a try on the remaining 3 bottles I have. I have moved to glass because they never age. The chemical and clean factor are huge too.