Gotta Love the Old Man… - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Gotta Love the Old Man…

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #11
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
BierMuncher's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,410
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab
shore is a lot of Bud and Bud lite in the background there...
I get the cases from my friend who works at AB and use for storage. Ironic, ain't it?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
homebrewer_99
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,792
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts


German Stout...gotta luv it!!!
__________________
HB Bill

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #13
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2007
Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,826
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts


My dad loves to come over and watch me brew. I don't think it's the brewing he likes as much as it's time with his kid (one of 3 but the only one that does not bitch at him non stop) and drink beer, my beer. He gave me cash this year that went to buy me a BC Mill. Dads rock.
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chriso's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Posts: 4,681
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts


Hey guys, we should invent a German Stout recipe. What do you think?

Bird, you should check http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...5&postcount=34 out for yr dad - My suggestion for a Lo-Cal-Brau for the weight loss thread, it has <3% alc.
__________________
BROKEN ROBOT BREWING CO.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #15
kinison_fan
 
kinison_fan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
Downingtown, PA
Posts: 539
Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts


Hops grinder? If you're gonna start making your own hops pellets, where is the extruder?
__________________
-Those that know don’t close the door on those that don’t know (The Gourds, "Education Song")...
-The brewer's yeast ferments, and forgives, all that you did...(The Gourds, "Right in the Head")...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #16
capcrnch
 
capcrnch's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2007
Meeeechigan
Posts: 866
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts


My mom died recently and at her service, we were talking to her friends from work and they asked who in the family brewed beer... I answered and they told me about a team building exercise they had a week before and everyone had to give a statement about someone in their family.
My moms answer was that her son brewed beer and that it was great. I guess they got into a big discussion about it and her coworkers wanted me to know how much she loved it and how proud she was.

I thought that was kick ass!
__________________

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #17
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2007
Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,826
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by capcrnch
My mom died recently and at her service, we were talking to her friends from work and they asked who in the family brewed beer... I answered and they told me about a team building exercise they had a week before and everyone had to give a statement about someone in their family.
My moms answer was that her son brewed beer and that it was great. I guess they got into a big discussion about it and her coworkers wanted me to know how much she loved it and how proud she was.

I thought that was kick ass!
Dude that is cool. My mom wont be around much longer, she's had 4 heart attacks, 3 strokes and RSD so bad that some days she can't even feed herself.
You really need to show your mom and dads how much they mean to you when ever you can.
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #18
capcrnch
 
capcrnch's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2007
Meeeechigan
Posts: 866
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402
Dude that is cool. My mom wont be around much longer, she's had 4 heart attacks, 3 strokes and RSD so bad that some days she can't even feed herself.
You really need to show your mom and dads how much they mean to you when ever you can.
Agreed.
My mom was only 57 years old.
At some point you realize you'll have to lay your parents to rest, but you never think they'll be so young, or you.
I've been preaching to friends on how they need to call their moms and just let them know they love them. I have to be getting annoying with it.
__________________

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 AM   #19
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
John Beere's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Valdosta, GA
Posts: 2,022
Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts


Hmm... my dad tells me I'm a bad influence to my children for having alcohol in the house. :-/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:51 AM   #20
PseudoChef
 
PseudoChef's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Posts: 3,406
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts


My dad got me into craft beer.

I remember hockey games when I was a kid...we'd be in the concession line, but we'd always have to go to two...one to get the food, and for him, in his words the other to get, "real beer."

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gotta love the newspaper biz shecky Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 39 01-06-2009 10:50 PM
You gotta love it when... sirsloop General Chit Chat 7 12-23-2008 07:30 PM
gotta love it Joe028 Bottling/Kegging 2 04-10-2007 09:43 PM
Gotta love it alemonkey General Chit Chat 1 09-02-2006 05:41 PM
Gotta Love It! Rhoobarb General Beer Discussion 7 07-06-2006 04:37 PM


Forum Jump