Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Amarillo Pale Ale

Old 10-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Originally Posted by RoaringBrewer View Post
Still enjoying this today - definitely one of my best beers brewed to date. Here is a quick iPhone picture of it. It's definitely a light, crisp, clear beer... Head retention is OK for a while (pic is after sitting 10+ mins), but it has some good lacing for such a light bodied beer. It's usually even better in a pint glass, but I'm digging this glass lately, so that's what I'm using.

10 Minutes in the glass.... and its not gone?!?!?!? are you sure its good?
"Real men drink their freakin' yeast starters...."
Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So I brewed this one recently and now that its in the bottle I have had the chance to have a few this friday with my buddy:

The mouthfeel is smooth and it is highly drinkable. THis may be partly due to the fact that it is still a bit undercarbed, but only partially. THe malt taste from the vienna and victory blend VERY nicely with the pronounced fruity amarillo aroma and taste. Everyone I have given a taste of this beer has been very appreciative. It is a very nice and well balanced recipe and I would make it again for sure, especially since I have about another 12oz of amarillo to get through hehe.

OVerall a great one. Color is amber to red as above. Nottingham cleared out very nicely and its very translucent. A beauty this one...