President of Montana?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse17

Yep....I tell you what...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I posted a thread about a month ago, looking for a LHBS in Montana. Which someone pointed me to. (Thank you for that!) However, I also asked if there were ANY home brewers in Montana.

Since no one replied saying they're in Montana, does that 'like' make me the president of the HBT-Montana Chapter?

That would be pretty cool. I could hold brewing get togethers and stuff, and I'd never have to worry about what day/time works with the other members, 'cause not only would I be president, but I'd account for the entire membership too.

It would kind of put a damper on group bulk buying though. But, at least I could hum "Hail to the Chief" every time I open a brew.

Just thinking out loud, and board because I can't even have a beer because I have to pick up SWMBO (I mean The First Lady) later today.

Happy New Year everyone!

I think I've only counted 5 others from Nebraska so far... malkore, bugeater, and Reverend JC off the top of my head, and a couple others i can't remember.

What's Montana's population these days, anywho? You up above 50,000 yet?

Heh. So Omaha + Lincoln = All of Montana. Wish we had your square-footage-per-capita though. :D

US Gov "quick" facts:
2006 Population: NE 1,768,000, MT 944,000
2000 People per sq mi.: NE 23.3, MT 6.2

Crazy.

Well, Jesse, if you're president of HBT-Montana, I can declare my self Brewmistress of Yooperland. I do know one other homebrewer- she moved here about a year ago and I invited her to join my hockey team. So, another woman brewer hockey player. I did meet a guy in a gas station about 40 miles from here who says he brews and is starting a homebrew club- but they are in Wisconsin. I'll still join probably, even though the meetings are about 50 miles away. He told me that they are all extract brewers who do alot of reading. And they'd even allow a woman AG brewer in. It should be fun!

Anyway, I think we're in the same boat.

Wow sucks for me. I can't hardly swing a dead cat round these parts without hitting a dozen homebrewers geez. In fact, two thirds of my shift are homebrewers. There's a total of three people here.

For some reason when I opened this thread, I expected Jesse to be proclaiming himself the *actual* President of Montana. They tend to breed crazies up there. Isn't that where the Unabomber was living? :D

I would say we have a brew off, but I bet Jesse would smoke me. I have been moving to much to brew. How about a drinking contest?:)

You guys could just be co-presidents. Enough of this VP stuff. Just have a redundant office. That way if you don't like one, you just turn in all your requests to the other.

I should try that at work. A redundant boss, so I can choose my favorite for that day.

Jesse17 said:
PS. Where is Power, MT.?

Little town a half hour north of GF. I do get to Billings occasionally to see fam. Also need to get to the Montana Brewing Company. They won a ton of stuff at the GABF. I think the even won the small brewpub of the year. Go MT brewing.

I actually read in the Billings Gazette, that Montana has more Micro Breweries than any other state. But That was probably just a per capita thing.

Got to be per capita, but still cool. I love the Bayren Doppelbock and Great Northern has a new beer called Fred's black Lager that is good. Have you tried anything from Harvest Moon in Belt? They are bottling their Beltian White now. Hope they bottle their Pigs Ass Porter soon. That is one of my all time favorites, but it can be hard to find.

Well as a fellow Montanan and homebrewer, I can say that there is quite the brewing community here. I am in Billings and we are opening our 6th brewery in a town around 100,000 people.
Yes, we ARE crazy. And if you get near my beer, you better watch out!

Bitterroot Brewing Out of Hamilton makes an AWESOME nut brown, I'm going to have to get down there one of these days & try some their brewpub food as well.
Regards, GF.

Well as a fellow Montanan and homebrewer, I can say that there is quite the brewing community here. I am in Billings and we are opening our 6th brewery in a town around 100,000 people.
Yes, we ARE crazy. And if you get near my beer, you better watch out!

Are you opening the brewery? Or does "we" refer to the town.

Montana isn't that small. We've got a few million.

Heck we have 1 million if you only count people, and don't even include the livestock. ;)

Haha, we've got 5 times that in the valley Phoenix is in. I don't know if I could live in a place as rural as Montana.

Bitterroot Brewing Out of Hamilton makes an AWESOME nut brown, I'm going to have to get down there one of these days & try some their brewpub food as well.
Regards, GF.

yeah Bitterroot brewing makes one of the Best beers i've ever had! The imperial Red called "Red Dread" is killer!!! better than the lagunitas one IMO.. and you have to try the "Single Hop" it is awesome also!!

yeah Bitterroot brewing makes one of the Best beers i've ever had! The imperial Red called "Red Dread" is killer!!! better than the lagunitas one IMO.. and you have to try the "Single Hop" it is awesome also!!

named after the big dude with the red dreads? (can't remember his name but he was dating the owner's daughter)

I miss that place, used to live in Stevi and still have hopes Kettlehouse will distribute to So Cal one day

named after the big dude with the red dreads? (can't remember his name but he was dating the owner's daughter)

I miss that place, used to live in Stevi and still have hopes Kettlehouse will distribute to So Cal one day

Maybe we can work out a trade and i can ship you some Kettlehouse and anything you want from up here and you can ship me something from So Cal :mug:

Latest posts

Back