Forgotten Fast Food Favorites? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Forgotten Fast Food Favorites?

Old 12-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
landhoney

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Palm, FL
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The McChikenator thread got me nostalgic for some fast food items I've enjoyed that are no longer with us, or distribution is isolated(see #3).

1. Burger Buddies - from Burger King, two little cheese bugers 'stuck' together on one bun - like the figure "8" from above.
2. Sante Fe Chalupa - from Taco Bell , corn/black bean relish and a 'special' sauce they no longer carry on anything.
3. Chili Cheese Burrito - also Taco Bell, at a stop in Savannah Georgia a couple years ago they had this elusive burrito, but they stopped serving it in FL a looong time ago(by my 26 year-old standards). It's what it sounds like, chili and cheese with onions in a shell. High school cafeteria sold these and got me hooked.

If I had to bring one back it would be #2, I loved those things! I don't eat fast food that often, but it has its place. My favorite meal is probably Vietnamese summer rolls and pho, if I had to eat one meal for the rest of my life that would be it. But late night, or on the road, fast food has a place in my stomach. And to all those that think McD's and the like are evil, I say this: they only sell what we choose to buy.

So, what are your favorites that are no longer available?

Old 12-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 805 Times on 438 Posts

Taco Bell - Encherito with green sauce

Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 535 Times on 430 Posts

Can you still get the McRib? I used to love the McRib.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Jul 2007
Frederick, MD
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I read a blog post a few weeks ago about the 10 Worst Items on fast food and one listed there was the Arch Delux from McDonalds. Fine... But I liked it.

Not exactly on topic, but am I the only one who HATES that Taco Bell puts a ton of good things on their "special" menu to have them ripped away and never return? I thought the Cheesy Beefy Melt was one of the best menu items AT Taco Bell. At least McDonalds is routine. :P Everyone knows the McRib will be back some time in a year...

EDIT: Didn't see Bird's post... So I guess ALMOST everyone knows it comes back each year. :P

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 12-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 805 Times on 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
They have em here in the Midwest for a limited time (again).

They go away. They make a breif appearance and everyone lines up.

Don't they do that up "there"? Maybe cuz St. Louis is ranked one of the top-5 "fat" cities in the US...they figured it's easy pickins.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 158 Times on 148 Posts

H. Salt's cole slaw. I used to buy a two piece dinner and an extra pint of slaw. Last time I had it, it was really bad. The chain is about dead.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
Spyk'd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Waveland, MS
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts

Oh yeah, this thread is right up my alley!

1. Crinkle fries from Carl's Jr.
2. "Wild" sauce from Taco Bell.
3. (not really 'fast food' per se, but sadly missed) The Silver Goblet Milkshake from Bob's Big Boy. It was real with the consistency of butter and you ate it with a spoon.

Why must they change the things we love?

Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Hell Brew
Recipes 

Jun 2007
CLear Lake TX
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hell yeah on the Chili Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell. Those things ruled!!
Luckily they have the 1/ 2 pound Potato and Beef Burrito. They taste even better the next day after you microwave them. I guess they need to age a little, just like a fine wine.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Pistol Wavin' New Haven, for now...
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
The McRib was my favorite "altered mental state" food. I haven't seen them around here in a few years though

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 12-31-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
Sluggo

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Chicago Burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyk'd

1. Crinkle fries from Carl's Jr.
2. "Wild" sauce from Taco Bell.
3. (not really 'fast food' per se, but sadly missed) The Silver Goblet Milkshake from Bob's Big Boy. It was real with the consistency of butter and you ate it with a spoon.

Why must they change the things we love?

They still have Wild sauce here in Chicago.

I miss the Cheddar Melt (or whatever the hell it was called) from McD's.