Yes I know it isn't March yet, but I have just bottled my first Lager, a Munich Helles, last week. I left the yeast cake in the cold.
I decided that I may never Lager again(if this one doesn't turn out), so I wanted to use the Lager yeast cake to do a Marzen. That is the only other Lager that I am really interested in doing at this point.
I brewed it Saturday (man it went well, I did a decoction on a partial mash it smelled too yummy).
Right now it is bubbling away at 52F. I intend to carbonate and then bottle Lager this one through the winter. (yes I will save it for September)
I intend to leave it in the garage in a large cooler through the winter.
At what Point should I move it to the steady temp (65F) of my basement?
Low temp fluctuations shouldn't hurt it.(32F-55F or so) but at what point should I move it in?
(P.S. I tried one of the Helles last night to test carbonation progress. It is good!)
(P.P.S Thanks to Menschmachine and Yooper for all of the pointers and advice!)
BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout