Panama Homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis2010

Reaction score
I'm spending a lot of time on Panama and looks like that trend will continue so want to get into homebrewing here. I've met a few expats who used to homebrew and/or are interesting in starting. Looking for info on legalities, ingredient sources, importation of ingredients...

Are there any Panama based homebrewers here?

hi Im based in Panama, im starting with this hobby. Currently building a brutus 10 rig..!
Daniel

Cool. I've spent a big chunk of the last 2 years in Panama. When ashore I'm mostly near Volcan. Where are you based?

Have you researched importing grains etc?

Hi im based in Panama. We get grains with a group of people and buy every two months .

How do you handle shipping/importation of the grains?

By "we", I assume you mean other homebrewers?

yeah a couple of other home brewers.
one of the home brewers handles that part. usually i bring the speciality grain by air, using a freight forwarder in miami. They don't ask to muck and they deliver to your door.
Base malt row 2 sometimes can get from casa bruja brewery , now we are buying pallets between couple of people.
Regards

Where Is Casa Bruja Brewery?

I am acquainted with the brew master at Rana Dorada. Will try and chat with him about getting small quantities of grains next time I'm in PC.

I assume you and the other homebrewers are based in PC? Do they frequent HBT?

I'm in Volcan, but all my brew gear is back in Guatemala. Hope to have it down here by next year so I can start brewing again. Working on house plans for here in Volcan...brewing is definately figuring into those plans.

Be very interested to know the details of who you use for importing. I currently use AirBox Express for importing stuff, but haven't tried beer ingredients yet. They use Krystal Logistics in Miami, ironically one of the same forwarders I use in Guatemala.

hi Im based in Panama, im starting with this hobby. Currently building a brutus 10 rig..!
Daniel

Cool. Up here in Volcan there are lots of dairy farms...fringe benefit for brewing is that that means there are stainless fabricators here who do food grade fabrication...I've got plans for their services!

Hi Curtis, i use priority Express. ( Veco Logistics in Miami)
I have receive couple of grain batches air freight without problem a couple of times.
well i don't know a lot of home brewers here, i have a couple friends one has a new brewery call 3 gatos. Casa Bruja is the biggest micro brewery here in Panama City. Nice Beer.
I frequent this forum a lot.
There is good Pots for brewing, you could get here in Panama City, from a chinese store, dirty cheap. Also can get Ball Lock Keg.
email me for any detail ill send you my cell phone by there
[email protected]

Hi Curtis, i use priority Express. ( Veco Logistics in Miami)
I have receive couple of grain batches air freight without problem a couple of times.
well i don't know a lot of home brewers here, i have a couple friends one has a new brewery call 3 gatos. Casa Bruja is the biggest micro brewery here in Panama City. Nice Beer.
I frequent this forum a lot.
There is good Pots for brewing, you could get here in Panama City, from a chinese store, dirty cheap. Also can get Ball Lock Keg.
email me for any detail ill send you my cell phone by there
[email protected]

Will email you. I am planning to pass thru PC in September.

Yes, have been there. Pretty good stock. They were also at the annual Craft Brew Fest in La Ciudad de Saber.

Are you still living in Panama ? It would be great to have contact with other homebrewers with the same restrictions and environment. Firstly I am curious to know how people are treating their waster here

Yes, I live in Volcan.

Having brewed in Belize and Guatemala, Panama doesn't seem so restrictive. There is a homebrew shop here, a Craft Brew Fest, and multiple craft breweries.

Water treatment I expect varies a lot by where in Panama you are located. The brewmaster for Rana Dorada tells me City water is actually pretty good.

Hey just checking in how's the home brewing scene in Panama. I'll be moving to Panama City this summer. Love to know about where to get supplies and overall craft beer scene.

Cheers

Back