First time starter kit...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atvmudding

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on either the morebeer.com kit #4 or the Williams brewing complete brewery? Looking for a complete first time kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I would definitely recommend getting a bigger kettle and a turkey fryer to brew outside. Brewing can be very messy and brewing outside makes cleanup that much easier. Also, while an 8 gallon pot is sufficient for extract brewing, if you ever decide you want to jump to All Grain, you will need a minimum 10 gallon pot, with 15 being ideal. With that being said, with both of these kits, you get quite a few nice upgrades. It seems to me that the Williams Kit is cheaper, but only has buckets and not glass carboys. In the end, both kits will get you started quite nicely. You will also either upgrade or replace most of the stuff in those kits through out the years. It really depends on how much you want to spend right now out of the gate.

Anyone have any suggestions on either the morebeer.com kit #4 or the Williams brewing complete brewery? Looking for a complete first time kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Do you want to start with extract, partial mash, or all grain?

I went with the Williams complete 10g kit. Should be here Thursday. seemed to be the best package I could find.

Back